“Very nice facility but WAY overpriced”

Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed here for a single night. Overall, it was a very nice stay in a very nice and well-maintained facility. Only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was paying $140+ for the room. (Note to Holiday Inn Express: you are not worth $140+ a night, especially considering this facility is located next to a Lowe's and a Culver's in a suburban shopping / dining area.) Common areas including hallways and exercise room were clean with no funky smells. Lobby is impressively large and very tastefully decorated. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was very, very nice.... pre-made egg/cheese omelets, bacon, biscuits/gravy, etc. Outside of facility was clean and nicely landscaped.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, the General manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh! I thank you for taking the time to add your comments on our Trip Advisor page. Our staff looks forward to the feedback from our service and I will share your warm comments with them.

Our hotel is in the heart of Oshkosh, WI and we are the event city of Wisconsin. Summer is our busiest season of the year and the city of Oshkosh has alot to offer so our prices sometimes change during our peak seasons. We do offer AAA, AARP, Advance purchase rates and other discounts on certain travel websites that are open to the public anytime during the year.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to assisting you with any of your needs in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2011

a bit pricey but a very nice, clean hotel. not much for scenery, surrounded by home improvements stores.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KewauneeBillybob

Hello,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh! I am Kevin Johnson the General Manager. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our Trip Advisor page. Your thoughful comment abouts our hotel and staff will be shared with them personally by me. They will be so happy that your stay went well!

Oshkosh is the event city of Wisconsin and our prices sometimes fluctuate in the busy summer months. Our hotel is in the heart of Oshkosh in a community where families can have access to dining, hospitals, shopping, pharmacies, grocery stores, and banking needs.
We are also conveniently located a mile away from the Fox River and Lake Winnebago that offers boating, pontoon rides, as well as fishing areas.

We are happy that you chose our hotel for your lodging needs and hope that you will join us again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The rooms were newer looking, big, spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2011
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Hello!

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the HIE Express in Oshkosh. Thank you for your time and kind words. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope that you will come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Very nice hotel. We had a room with a jacuzzi. The room was very clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Will stay again! I had no complaints at all and we loved are room.

• Stayed: July 2011
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Hello,

I am the General Manager, Kevin Johnson. I am so happy that you decided to stay with us during this big event month of July. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at hour hotel and in Oshkosh! Oshkosh is a great place to be in the summer and we welcome you and your family back anytime! I will inform the hotel staff of your thoughtful comments.

Thank you!

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Our room, a king suite, was spacious and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was much nicer than most breakfast bars. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Hello,

I just wanted to take the time out to say thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are glad you stayed with us and enjoyed our facility. I will definately share your comments with the staff. They are always happy and motivated when they hear good feedback in their service!

Please come join us again!

Reviewed 8 June 2011

I think for the price this is a very solid hotel. Room was huge and the air conditioner worked well (in 90+ degree weather).

They advertise a "business center" in this hotel, but the center is only 1 computer in the lobby, which is very outdated, with no practical business applications on it (even MS word). It was attached to an inkjet printer. More problematic is the fact that the WiFi in the room didn't really work... i managed a slow connection but considering I needed to access streaming video from my laptop this was frustrating.

The hotel staff is friendly, when they are at the front desk. Most of the time they seem to be missing, or in the back (and this is during regular business hours).

I think this hotel would be more than adequate for leisure travel, since the room was comfortable.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Hello Mr. Schiff,

I am Kevin Johnson, the General Manager of the HIE Oshkosh, WI. I want to first thank you for filling out a review for our hotel to see. I wanted to address some of your comments about our hotel.

Our business center in the lobby was set up for our business travelers to use 24hrs a day. I will contact our internet support about the speed of the internet today. The speed has not been an issue since our upgraded system. I will also ask our internet support about MS Word. The software is on all of our office computers and if it was not during your stay I do apologize. I will get it taken care of right away.

All of our front desk staff members are multitaskers. If they are not at the front desk, they may be helping a guest in a room or assisting in our laundry area. But, they are always aware of our guest at the front desk if they are needed whether by cordless phone or camera. We value our guests needs and try our best to make sure every guest feel welcome.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Maybe to use one of our spacious suites you mentioned you liked! We welcome all guests to our hotel whether business or leisure to enjoy our hotel pool, fitness center, free breakfast, and business center. Again, I thank you for your feedback. It is guest like you that help us improve our customer service! If you would like to reach me at anytime, feel free to contact me at the hotel 920-303-1300.

Reviewed 11 February 2011

I have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels in other states and I wasn't expecting all that much as I understand the nature of the word "express" when it comes to hoteling. I have to say this hotel and the staff were outstanding. I had talked to the front desk manager on the phone about checking in early and she said no problem. I asked many questions about the area and had a few requests when we checked in and the entire staff was accommodating, candid, and helpful. The room was just as good as the Bellagio in Las Vegas and other high end hotels we stayed at. The pool and workout room were clean and everything was better than my expectations. My family had a great time as well. The evening cocktail hour and morning breakfast were beyond delightful, both of which were not expected. I talked to some of the cleaning staff and they also were friendly and professional. A MUST STAY!

• Stayed: February 2011
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Hi,
I am Kevin Johnson the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express- Oshkosh. I wanted to personally thank you again for staying with us and let you know that the staff is aware of your warm thoughts about our service and manners. Our staff was especially happy about our comparison to the Belligio hotel in Vegas!! We will continue to try our best to serve our guest with kindness and make sure each guest is as please as you were at our hotel.

Come back again anytime, we would love to have you visit us again!!