“Improved from last visit”

Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Improved from last visit”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am glad to see this hotel took my previous comments to heart. In particular I was disappointed in the breakfast...they seemed to resolve that problem. Upon checking in I got a free upgrade to a suite for the same price as a standard room. I am very pleased to see the improvement from my last visit and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hello,

Thank you for choosing our hotel location for your travel needs again! I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory. We do take our feedback from our guest very serious and strive to provide quality service for our travelers to enjoy. We hope that you will continue to choose us again for your travel needs!

Thank you!

Kevin Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Easy access location, good rates, clean rooms and courteous staff made for a very pleasant stay. I often stay at Holiday Inn Expresses and this location was clearly top notch. Front desk folks were extremely helpful in providing directions and good local places to eat. I would definately stay at this location again when next in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments about our hotel. I am Kevin Johnson General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. We appreciate you taking the time out to complete a survey for us! We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the Oshkosh area.

River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were in the area to attend a packers game in Green Bay, but since the hotels in Green Bay are ridiculously over priced over game days we decided to stay here, it's only a 45 min drive to Lambeau field and we saved a ton. We had an amazing time here. Front desk was great. Very quick and informative. Our room was very clean. Absolutely loved the bed and duvet, so comfy. The hotel also features free drinks and snacks form 5:30-7:30 mon-sat. For holiday inn express rewards members, which if free to sign up. Vicky the hostess was extremely friendly and made us feel at home. Tim and Justin at the front desk were both very friendly also. Such a great hotel and friendly helpful staff. Definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area, it's also in a great area with things located near by without being in a noisy area of town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Hi!

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. We want to thank you for choosing our hotel for you rooming needs during the Packer Game. It is a 45 minute drive so for you to stay at our location really means a lot to our staff! Also, another thank you for completing a Trip Advisor survey. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write such warm comments about our services. All of the departments within our hotel are aware of your comments and we all want to send a sincere thank you your way!

Next Packer Game if you are visiting, we hope that you will choose our hotel again!!

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Perfect location close to plenty of things to do and restaurants. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Also free happy hour for reward club members. I am a platinum member and the staff had already given me a free upgrade before I even checked in. Normally I have to ask. Will definitely be back!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Hi!

I want to first thank you for choosing our hotel for you rooming needs. I also want to send another thank you for being a loyal member of our IHG rewards program, and Platinum! We hope that your stay was satisfactory with our hotel. Our staff is glad you got to enjoy the ammenites at our location, especially the Happy Hour where you can relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We hope that you will join us again. We would love to have you stay with us.. Happy Hour will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great hotel, clean rooms, curtious staff. Will return. Free happy hour. Free breakfast. Quiet location less than 5 miles from the airfield and airshow. PLenty of parking. Great selection of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Hello!

We want to send a sincere thank you for staying at our hotel during this years EAA event! It was a fantastic year of airplanes and good food, not to mention the weather was great! EAA is one of our busiest times of the year and we are happy you had a chance to join us! We look forward to seeing you for the EAA event in 2014. But in the mean time, if you need rooms any other time we are always happy to help! :)

Thank you!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The best thing this hotel has going for it is location. It is conveniently located near many restaurants and easy access to the highway. The condition of the room was well worn. There was evidence of water damage in the bathroom shower wall and ceiling. The light was connected to an extremely noisy fan. Having a refrigerator and microwave was welcoming but, the lack of a in room safe was troublesome. I found myself carrying my valuables off site each day. Breakfast was inedible most mornings. Eggs looked like they had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours at 8:00 a.m. Housekeeping did a nice job. Front desk on the other hand was unmanned most times I walked by or needed to ask a question. Seemed the employees liked to hang out in the back office.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ChristieAK
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your opinion of our hotel. We apologize for any issues you may have endured during your stay. I did want to inform you that although we do not have in-room safes, we do have safes for guest use at the front desk. The safes we offer are long and narrow, good for jewerly, money, and things of that size. I have made the staff aware of your comments and we will make sure that all of your comments are addressed.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Roseann S.

The Holiday Inn is definitely my home away from home. I have been coming to Oshkkosh for about 3 years now and this is the only hotel that will stay in or recommend to anyone else. The staff here are really awesome and helpful. They are like family members to me. I think happy hour is a very good idea because guests are already away from home and it give guests the oppurtunity to socialize and meet new friends while having a great time. Once there was a situation where the hotel was booked and I forgot to book a room for that night. Kevin searched all of the surrounding hotels for a vacancy. He searched for awhile and that really surprised me that a General Manager of a hotel made time to make sure that I had a room for the night. Thanks Kevin. So I'll finish by saying "Thank You" to all of the staff for making me feel like family and I will always continue to come home when in Oshkosh.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. We at the hotel are glad to hear that we are like a home away from home for you. We strive to make every guest feel warm and comfortable as if they were at home. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff and they were so delighted to hear such kind words.

If you ever need anything from us, no matter what it is, you are always welcome to ask!