“Can't beat the service or atmosphere - best hotel in Oshkosh!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41

Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
“Can't beat the service or atmosphere - best hotel in Oshkosh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

I have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels in other states and I wasn't expecting all that much as I understand the nature of the word "express" when it comes to hoteling. I have to say this hotel and the staff were outstanding. I had talked to the front desk manager on the phone about checking in early and she said no problem. I asked many questions about the area and had a few requests when we checked in and the entire staff was accommodating, candid, and helpful. The room was just as good as the Bellagio in Las Vegas and other high end hotels we stayed at. The pool and workout room were clean and everything was better than my expectations. My family had a great time as well. The evening cocktail hour and morning breakfast were beyond delightful, both of which were not expected. I talked to some of the cleaning staff and they also were friendly and professional. A MUST STAY!

• Stayed February 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Hi,
I am Kevin Johnson the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express- Oshkosh. I wanted to personally thank you again for staying with us and let you know that the staff is aware of your warm thoughts about our service and manners. Our staff was especially happy about our comparison to the Belligio hotel in Vegas!! We will continue to try our best to serve our guest with kindness and make sure each guest is as please as you were at our hotel.

Come back again anytime, we would love to have you visit us again!!

Kevin Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Very warm and friendly hotel to stay at as we did some weekend skiing.
Hot breakfast in the morning was just what we needed to start the day.
Beds were comfortable, room was clean and staff was very helpful.
Pool and Hottub were great!
Minor suggestions would be improve WiFi, replenish towels at the pool and empty the garbage can in dining area for it seemed to be full at breakfast each day.
Will definately will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 19 January 2011
Hello,

First I would like to say thank you for commenting on our hotel! Our staff appreciates positive and negative feedback. It will only help us improve our service to our guests and keep us aware of how we are doing.

I wanted to give you an update on what is going on at the hotel. Our Wi-Fi is currently being upgraded with a newer highspeed/broadband connection to make it more comfortable to browse the Internet at anytime! Also, I have made the staff aware of the towel issue and breakfast area garbage. They wanted to make sure I extended our sincere apology and thank you for your comments.

So, when you return... We will make sure you are satisfied once again! Thank you for your feedback and on your next stay please stop in my office and say hello!

Wauwatosa, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

I wanted a good room close to the Aurora Medical Center (which you can see from the hotel) for a 6:45 am meeting. I had no idea what lodging was available in Oshkosh, and simply spotted this from the Aurora parking lot. Check in was prompt, courteous. The room was clean, modern and quiet. The next morning a nice breakfast awaited me, including eggs, sausages, and pastries. Checkout was seamless. I highly recommend this hotel. The only critique I have is that I wanted to relax and socialize before turning in for the evening and there is no lounge or bar within walking distance of the hotel. There are lots of fast food restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Hello,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words about our hotel and staff. We do our best to please our guests and it is guest like you that keep us motivated and excited to work in the hospitality industry! All of the staff is aware of your kind thoughts and are very appreciative. You and your family are welcome to join us anytime whether its for business or personal. Our doors are always open!

We hope that you will come and see us again in the near future! A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!

Thank
ORANGE COUNTY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

Holiday Inn Express was a very warm and friendly place to stay. The staff was very nice and the complimentary basket of warm chocolate chip cookies waiting at the lobby were a delight. We were very pleased with the layout of the room because our son had his own sleeping area and TV, which gave us our own private room. :) WiFi is available but we had to step out of our room to get connectivity. Above all, it was a joy to stay here during our vacation stay and will do so again in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 17 September 2010
Hi,

Thanks for you wonderful words about our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed the cookies. It's something that all of our guests enjoy! I apologize for the WI-FI issues, that rarely happens in our hotel, but I will look into it immediately.

We hope to see you again in the future so you and your family can enjoy our cookies and hospitality!

Thanks again,

GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

Friendliness and service have been over the top....and we haven't even arrived yet!! Certainly looking forward to a wonderful stay next week. Extremely accomodating personnel during booking process. Will follow up after our stay.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I wanted to personally thank you for your compliment on our staff and services. We surely look forward to having you here at the hotel. Our famous cinnamon rolls will be waiting for you in the morning in our breakfast area!!

We will see you soon!

Kevin
usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Nice enough hotel, amenities, staff etc. but had to move rooms twice after 11pm because of barking dogs! Staff was very helpful trying to find a room not next to a dog but with a 5am wake-up call I was not pleased. Rooms smelled of smoke.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 17 June 2010
Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. I wanted to send a thank you for choosing our hotel for your rooming needs. I read that you experienced some issues with dog barking, wake up calls, and a smoking smell at our hotel. I apologize for the troubles. We do have smoking rooms on the 3rd floor, but we will be a non-smoking hotel as of July 1, 2010. I thank you for the compliment that our staff assisted you as best they could.

Your issues have been addressed with our staff for correction. I assure you that if you stayed with us again, you will not endure the issues from your past stay! If you could be so kind to please contact the hotel to discuss details.

Springville, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Very nice hotel. Only drawback was the Free Internet. Didn't have it. The young woman
at the front desk said they cancelled it or something.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CIFDL, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Thank you Very Much for your comments. We do still have free High-speed Wireless internet at the hotel. I am very sorry that it was down while you were here. We'll see you the next time you are in Oshkosh, that time with no internet problems