“Nice hotel but can't call room service”

Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Nice hotel but can't call room service”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh for two nights. Everything was nice, except the phone. I was trying to call for room service one night, but the room service button on my phone didnt work. So, I called the restaurant, no one picked up. Then I called the front desk, no one picked up as well. At the end, I needed to ask my coworker to call room service for me, so they called me back for order. Food was great. I had the baked potato soup and the spicy wings. Check in and check out was quick too. The location of the hotel is pretty close to thw main freeway 41. Pretty easy to locate. There is Target nearby for food and snacks too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your meal. I know it is frustrating when a phone is not answered and I will investigate why the phones did not work properly and then be answered. I certainly am sorry you encountered that. I hope in the future when you are in the areas, you select our hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel over labor day weekend, 2013. We had a great stay. Like most HGI's that I've stayed in, the staff truly makes the difference. The folks here were great. They accomodated my adjoining room request and then followed-up to ensure the rooms met our needs. Each time we left and returned to the hotel, we were greeted upon entry. The rooms are standard HGI rooms; clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel has a small restaurant/bar on site and there are several restaurants nearby; two within walking distance if memory serves.
The hotel is located 15 or 20 minutes from dowtown Oshkosh and 5 or so minutes from the little outlet mall that is nearby. For those EAA fans, this hotel is located right at the end of the runway, however, I understand getting a room here is almost impossible during that timeframe and if you are able to get one, be prepared to pay a PREMIUM.
Overall, great stay. I would definately recommend this property to others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for thaking the time to write a review. It was nice to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oshkosh and our hotel.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Overall a nice hotel. The beds were SUPER soft but I guess some of the rooms have newer beds with adjustable firmness. We did not have those type of rooms. The staff at this hotel is exceptional. From the front desk to the waitstaff and bartenders - you won't be disappointed. We had more than one room and one of them had an air-conditioner that rivaled a 747 in terms of noise. However we did not complain to the hotel about this since we were only staying for two nights. The other rooms had quiet air conditioners that did not disrupt sleep for those in the room. This hotel is a nice location - easy to get in and our of with a nice parking area. I would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always great to hear that our staff was able to exceed your expectations. I am sorry that your A/C unit was loud, I am confident that we would have been able to resolve that issue for you. Our beds are adjustable for firmness which I am certain caused your soft bed. In the future, when I hope you return to us, we would love to explain the great beds to your further. We look forwward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great Hotel, clean, friendly , easy access from the free way. The best aspect of this hotel was the condition of the rooms. Ours was huge and very clean....I was really pleasantly surprised at what a nice little hotel this is! Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oshkosh soon.
Clearville, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall it was a pleasant stay. For me the main function of a hotel is quality of sleep. The bed was not quite up to par, woke up with a backache both evenings. Pillows don't offer much support either. Other than that, everything else was great... If the beds were upgraded to something better this hotel could easily get a very good or excellent review from me...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It was disappointing to hear that we fell short in exceeding your expectations. Your comments are very noted and in fact the pillows are being replaced this week. I am confident that on a return visit, we will be able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments.
OshKosh, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

very helpful staff, Good rooms, very similar to other HGI's I've stayed in. The front desk clerk was extra helpful when I had to use the business center. Tried to print a document and the OshKosh location was not on HGI's website.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind comments. It was great to hear that the hotel and the staff were able to make your stay a pleasant one. if you plan to return to Oshkosh we hope you select our hotel.
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very large room for single business person making trip in this town. Has everything you need. Great place for business trip. One thing I noticed was Bar closes too early, after coming back from restaurant, no chance for night cap...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are very pleased you were able to enjoy your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.