“Needs serious updating!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My family has stayed at the AmericInn in Oshkosh for many years. Although the staff is usually quite friendly and the included continental breakfasts are what you'd expect, it has become very run down. The hotel needs a complete overhaul in our opinion. The carpeting is dingy and the rooms we've been given the past two stays were stale smelling and damp feeling. The last straw for us was the centipede on the floor in our room. Until they make the necessary updates, we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank E O
AmericInnOshkosh, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you kindly for taking the time out of your schedule to leave feedback about the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Oshkosh, WI.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We have investigated your concerns and will take the appropriate stops to ensure that challenges you experienced do not happen again and I am pleased to let you know that are currently renovating, which includes new beds, bedding, light fixtures, painting, carpet and furniture, so I hope you will return in the new future to see we are improving to better serve our guests.

If I can be of assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me directly at (920) 232-0300. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to meet or exceed your expectations on your next visit to Oshkosh. We look forward to be of service to you.

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Was in Oshkosh for USATF track meet. Have stayed at AmericInn's previously and have been very pleased. Not the case this time. Our room was unacceptable! It simply wasn't clean, which is a cardinal sin. The hotel was booked so I declined the room. The desk agent apologized and withdrew the charge from my credit card. Was able to find another room locally which was far nicer, cleaner and comfortable. I won't give up on AmericInn's, but this hotel did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Martin K

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate you bringing your concerns with your guest room to our attention. We have investigated your concerns and will take the appropriate stops to ensure that challenges you experienced do not happen again. I am glad the desk clerk working was accomodating and assisted getting you the lodging you deserved.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Our stay at the Oshkosh Americinn was less than stellar. Our hotel room was not clean & the front desk staff was pretty rude.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank GBtraveler04
Reviewed 24 April 2012

stayed here 2 nights on business trip - facility is located in a great area on the south side of Osh Kosh, easily accessible from interstate/highways - grounds were well-maintained and parking lot was well-lit - front desk staff very friendly and proudly supply a never-ending supply of chocolate-chip cookies - common areas were fine (clean, carpet not worn, good smell, well-lit but narrow hallways) - lobby is beautiful - NO ELEVATOR - NO FITNESS CENTER, although the safe neighborhoods around the area provide a great area to run/walk - pool area was clean with towels placed on every chair (didn't swim, so I don't know how warm the water was) - room was quiet, clean and tastefully decorated... furnishings not new, but in fine shape - flat-screen TV with HBO - comfortable bed, but thin blanket - GREAT WATER PRESSURE - breakfast was adequate (biscuits/gravy, yogurt, muffins, etc.) - free USA TODAY paper in lobby - free WI-FI - overall, great stay at great price

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CentILMatt

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate the wonderful comments about the facility and staff. I am pleased to let you know that are currently renovating, which includes new beds, bedding, light fixtures, painting, carpet and furniture, so I hope you will return in the new future to see we are improving to better serve our guests.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I live here in Oshkosh and have been to a lot of the hotels in the area and can say this is one of the best ive been to. The staff is always wonderful, very clean rooms, and a good pool area. Im going to try a different hotel today for a change but i definately recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank ryan b
AmericInnOshkosh, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Wow Ryan!

The best hotel in Oshkosh! Can't say thank you enough, and to think we are fully remodeled since you posted this, so we'd love to have you back so you can see our new look - same great service with a new face. New carpet, paint, beds, bedding and furnishings.

We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guests and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Kelly D. Booth
1495 W. South Park Ave | Oshkosh, WI 54902
P 920.232.0300 | F 920.232.0669
kbooth@whgco.com

Reviewed 13 January 2011

I have two teenage gymnasts and we will be staying a hotel almost every weekend during the next three months around the Wisconsin/Illinois area so I will be posting many reviews.

Check in was quick and the front desk person was extremely helpful. I had three teenagers with me and when we requested extra towels, shampoo, etc. they arrived within three minutes!! Beds were comfortable, not the Hilton Plush Pillowtop, but good quality. Rooms were VERY QUIET. I know there were guests on either side of our room, but I never heard them!

The pool was clean, perfect temperature, and plenty of towels. Whirlpool was closed due to a child "accident" earlier in the day. Children aren't allowed in the whirlpool so I blame the parents, not the hotel.

Breakfast was average continental fare - coffee, cereal, bagels, toast, juice. Satisfactory. Location was perfect for us as we were less than one mile from the Oshkosh Gymnastics Center.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MinnesotaM-GreenBay

Reviewed 21 July 2010

This hotel was pretty much average. Nothing extra special. Was really disappointed that the only sink was in the room itself rather than in the bathroom. I could never understand this configuration. Thought that was a relic from the 80's. Sometimes you want to have privacy at the sink. As in most lower-cost hotels, the sink counter area was way too small for 2 people to spread out their toiletries. The location was good - near the highway and airport and not too long a trip to get downtown. Lots of dining possibilities nearby. Room was super, super quiet. Never heard the neighbors or their TVs. The employees were always very nice, although on one day of our 4-day stay, they totally forgot to make up the room. The indoor pool looked nice, but we didn't have occasion to use it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple