“Great Place to stay when in Oshkosh”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We always come back to this hotel every time we visit Oshkosh which is once a year. Always great service and a pleasant place to stay. Great breakfast also. Stayed in Spa room this trip and really enjoyed the hot tub.

Room Tip: Spa room was worth extra cost.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for 9 days while attending AirVenture 2013. Great hotel with a nice simple breakfast selection of good quality. The rooms were very clean and the grounds well kept. Nice pool and hot tub (spa) also.
It's right across the street from the EAA Museum and Wittman Field, close to many restaurants and stores. West End Pizza is right next door, best you'll find anywhere. Right across the street from the Packers Pub, a haven for NFL fans.
Safe neighborhood, easy freeway access, nice route for jogging and includes day pass to nearby Y for exercising.
All in all well-pleased with my stay there, Kelly Booth and her team will take care of you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AmericInnOshkosh, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Joe

Thank you very much for the great review, and we enjoyed having you all here for Air Venture week. Myself and my staff try to treat everyone like they're guests in our home, and that really shows when our guests like you notice and take the time out of your day to say thank you. Glad you enjoyed all the amenities AmericInn Lodge & Suites had to offer!

Looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We found the hotel clean and modern, great continental breakfast. Personal were friendly and helpful. Great stay and reasonablely priced. Would recommend this place and would gladly return. We booked for Airventure and with its close proximity to Whitman field found it to be an easy walk to this event. Services surrounding the hotel included food shopping and and Outlet Mall a short distance away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Oshkosh for the air show. Close and convenient is one of the best perks about AmericInn Lodge & Suites location. Across the street from EAA is what many travelers love during Air Venture week.

I hope to see you again, next time you're in Oshkosh and I can't thank you enough for choosing to stay with us for the week! We loved having you!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My oldest boyhood buddy and I met in Oshkosh for AirVenture 2013, put on by the EAA. (Experimental Aircraft Association) Our experience at this hotel was nothing short of spectacular.
The room and the rest of the hotel was really clean, regularly tidied up with fresh towels every day. A/C, TV and WiFi worked faultlessly. Included breakfast was nice too.

The big thing about staying here was the staff. VERY attentive, helpful, friendly. General Manger Kelly Booth looked after us with way above the board attention. She is a wonder and a winner which trickles down to the enthusiasm of all staff.

Unless saving another 500 feet to get to the Greatest Airshow On Earth is important to you, then go and stay at the Hilton. AmericInn is the second most closest hotel to Whittman Field and was priced accordingly to demand for this huge event. All in, taxes included for 4 days was $1445. A 60 second walk across the street to the Hilton takes you directly to the shuttles onto the airport grounds for EAA. Rates are MUCH less the rest of the year.

You will be a 2 minute walk from a Target Store and a $5 cab ride from a major Discount Outlet Mall.

Book early or loose out. This hotel will sell out in March for EAA 2014 so get on it !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Your kind words mean so much! Thank you very much for the great review and all the wonderful things you had to say about myself, my amazing team and the AmericInn. We pride ourselves on genuine hospitality and I'm glad that showed through during your stay in Oshkosh for the 2013 Air Venture.

Glad you got to spend some quality time with your close friend and I'm thrilled you chose to stay with us during your trip. Please keep us in mind next time you travel to the area, as we would be delighted to see you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

What a wonderful experience. The rooms were cleand and smelled great. The complimentary coffee was a nice addition to the stay. They had an array of items for the continental breakfast and the items were easy to transport, if you were in a rush and wanted breakfast on the go or simply wanted to eat in your room. The pool was big enough for the kids to play in but not too big for me to panic about them getting away from me. The staff was friendly and helpful, I had to make changes to my reservation and it was not a hassle. What a wonderful experience, I would gladly do it again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at Americinn Oshkosh for a month due to traveling for work. I had a King Suite with a whirlpool tub in my room. I found the bed very comfortable for sleeping, housekeeping was thorough, the whirlpool tub was an added bonus for me. The wifi connection was perfect, no down times that I have found at other hotels. The only problem I had was the breakfast they had. It was a mix of fruits, cold cereal, make your own waffles, coffee, juices, milk, yogurt. BUT... the hot entree was ALWAYS some form of scrambled egg. After a week, I started getting my breakfast away from the hotel. Other Americinns offer items such as omelets, sausage gravy and biscuits etc. This place is so ingrained in the scrambled eggs, I couldn't take it anymore.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

If our plumbing had not broke we would have never known how great our own Americinn was.I had the best nights sleep for 2 days while staying there, The mattress and pillows put me into dreamland for the entire night. Something I have not had in ages. Loved the room, nicely decorated, clean and crisp look. The staff was excellent. Breakfast area had just the right food to get you going for your day ahead.

Room Tip: First floor king/whirlpool is a treat!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
AmericInnOshkosh, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Matt & Lynn

I am so sorry to hear about the plumbing issue in your home! Myself, and I'm sure many other people have been in your shoes before and have had to stay somewhere where they live to get home repairs taken care of. Meeting your expectations is exactly what I like to hear, and the best bonus for me is hearing you were in dreamland in our beds! Being away from your own bed is hard if you're not use to staying in a hotel, and I'm delighted we exceeded your expectations.

Also, thank you for complimenting our crisp, clean and modern new look after our remodel this year. We enjoy it just as much as our guests do! I'm hoping you have no more home issues that requires an overnight stay, but keep us in mind for anniversaries, or just an evening out of the house!

Thank you kindly! Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Best Regards,