“Nice place with great staff.”

La Quinta Inn Oshkosh
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Check in was easy and quick, front desk agent was very quick with suggestions and even maps to get laundry done and a meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed room, has its own patio opening up to the golf course next door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M J

Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is my second stay at the La Quinta, Oshkosh. I stayed here "accidentally" the first time I traveled for business in this area. I was not familiar with the La Quinta line of hotels and I was worried that it wouldn't be nice.

I was very wrong. This hotel is nicely decorated and clean. The bedding is duvet rather than bedspreads of questionable cleanliness. The hotel staff are welcoming. The breakfast is included and is just fine.

My impression of this hotel increased even more last night. In the night, I was awakened by noise in the adjoining room. Some loud guys had returned from a night out . While I usually don't do stuff like this, I called the front desk for assistance. I was quickly assured that they would speak with the guests . Beth at the front desk assured me that the hotel would not allow any guest's sleep to be disturbed. If they continued to make noise, I should call again. I did not need to call again but fell asleep knowing that I was in good hands.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I went through hotels online all within an hour and a half outside green bay and I finally decided on La Quinta in Oshkosh. I had AAA, senior citizen with me and they had a promotion if you stay 3 nights you get 30% off and so I called the hotel for their rates and then I called the La Quinta 1 800 number and got a pretty good rate and I reserved it even though I didn't have a credit card but maybe it was because I was getting 2 rooms for a week. It does look like the pictures on the website, and has everything the website says it has, got rooms on first floor by main entrance and didn't hear any noise, very clean, very nice, lots of room, modern, flat screen tv, nice desk with comfortable chair, nice sitting chair and really good beds with white sheets that were really white, no stains. Love love love the guy manager, extremly nice, good at his job, very helpful, not intimidating, and right on top of things, 2 girl managers the one day were terrible, but the guy manager was there like the whole time. Ask them for anything they are so happy to give it to you, told them not to clean my room one day because I wasn't feeling good but they knocked on the door and asked if I needed anything, tissues, garbage changed, some towels, extremely nice made 2 a.m. copies for free. They were great about incoming phone calls and they were right at the desk waiting to help with anything in person or over the phone. Breakfast was really good, toaster, microwave, automatic waffle maker, make oatmeal, apples, oranges, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, 3 different bagels, 3 different muffins, 3 different breads, individual peanut butter, 3 differnt individual jelly, individual cream cheese, butter, syrup, 3 differnt ceral, milk, tea, coffee, creamer, sugar, and even more breakfast was kinda short but probaly because everyone kept bringing it to there room and getting more. Used there microwave to warm up leftovers and popcorn. Went to Chinese buffet in town-so so, Red Robin-good, Golden Corral-can you go wrong, really good, ordered pizza, no problem, Walmart-good, supercuts, nothing for kids to do, NOTHING, location is not a issue, they make it sound hard and it's not. And restaurant close with room key discount and go thrugh the restaurant parking lot to get to the hotel but believe me not how it sounds. Wonderful, everything was wonderful.

Room Tip: king beds are huge, whole hotel quiet
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2011

This is a slightly more modern than average La Quinta. friendly welcome at reception. Nice comfortable very clean rooms and good breakfast included. Free fast wifi. I concur with those who note the rather difficult access (in theory odd, since it is right off Highway 41), exacerbated by construction. Don't let that put you off, particularly if you get a good rate.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The hardest part of our stay was figuring out how to get into the place. You have to enter through the driveway of the Two Brothers restaurant out front. If you drive past the exit on the highway, you'll NEVER get back, because with the construction, there are no exits open! The hotel halls were a little stark, but the room was clean, in good shape, and roomy. The staff was very friendly. The bed was comfortable and had enough pillows. The water pressure in the shower was great. We stayed right by the breakfast room, so there was a little noise, but not too much. The complimentary breakfast was very good: waffles, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, etc., and the attendant on the weekend was very attentive about keeping everything stocked. A great value for the money. All it needs now is a pool, playroom or gym. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed on first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Unless the only consideration was price! We had a death in the family and had to fly to Oshkosh on short notice. I consulted TA and found that LaQuinta was rated the #1 hotel in Oshkosh! Despite my surprise that the #1 hotel was so inexpensive, I decided to book based on the #1 rating. Hey, who doesn't want to save a few bucks??

We arrived late at night and the front desk clerk was very nice. As we prepared to go to our 2nd floor rooms, we found that there is no elevator. So.. we were left dragging our luggage up open stairs in the lobby. When we got to our rooms, one had a chemical odor so bad that my daughter had to leave that room to sleep with me. It was making her throat sore and making it hard to breathe for her. The furnishings were cheap in the 70s. The wood door to the hallway had a chain lock instead of the newer latches. (There was also a dead bolt) The bathroom was dated. The mattress was comfortable until I started to fall into the "hole" in the middle of the bed. I spent the night trying to stay on my side and rolling into the middle! We were booked to stay a few days, but we checked out the next morning and went to a hotel that was more expensive, but felt cleaner, newer and safer. It was worth the extra money.

I guess if you need a very cheap hotel, it's worth it. If it's all you can afford, then go for it. But expect that you will get what you pay for.

Room Tip: I did tell the staff that I have a chemical sensitivity when I made the reservation, so my room did...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Very clean!!! Very comfy bed, pillows, great C. breakfast with waffles, etc., good coffee, front desk, - all great! Golf course behind the hotel which gave us a nice view if your room is in the back. Two Brothers cafe next door had great food with a discount if you show your hotel key. Only stayed one night but would have been very happy to stay longer. Free internet. Believe me, I've stayed at The Westin, Sheraton, JW Marriott, etc. This is not as fancy but we were happy with the value, cleanliness. I think it is dog friendly also.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple