“A great place to stay for an even better price!”
Review of Motel 6 Oshkosh

Motel 6 Oshkosh
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We attended Sunday night's Packers-Lions game in Green Bay and chose Oshkosh as our place to stay for the weekend, I had called Motel 6's reservation line and got the lady to give us a special price of $42.73/night including tax. Luckily I had printed out my reservation confirmation because that's not what the desk clerk was going to charge me. But she had no problems giving me the rate once I produced the confirmation. The room was kind of unique, it had a small table cantilevered off the wall with a diner style booth seat on one side and a chair on the other. The microwave & fridge were next to it. The flat screen TV was mounted in a housing on the wall at the end of the bed and at just the right height to watch while laying down. The bathroom had a glass-in shower stall (no tub) and was good sized. The sink was a unique design and extended 4-5" up out of the counter.The only negative I can think of was the water pressure. The bathroon faucet barely had any water coming out of it but the shower's flow was adequate I thought. The Tilted Kilt is right next door and we ate supper there Saturday night. The motel is conveniently located right off the 9th Street exit so it's easy off and easy on. I would recommend this motel to anyone who's on a budget and not interested in a place with a gym, indoor pool or other amenities you probably never use anyway!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kpsiemsen
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Oshkosh

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I'm frequently in town and have stayed here probably more than 60 times. Twice i lost something and both times the owner went out of his way to make it right. Sure there is the occassional loud night person coming in but if you need a quiet room and arrive early enough you will get one.

Room Tip: Rooms near the office have better wi-fi while rooms on the opposite side are generally quiet. Need t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was greeted warmly upon arrival. The lady at the front desk checked me in quickly and was very friendly and helpful.

My room was small and very modern looking. There was no carpeting on the floor, just plastic laminate made to look like hardwood flooring. The floor was a bit dirty--perhaps not mopped recently. I walked about barefoot and the bottoms of my feet got a bit dirty. The bed and the bathroom were both very clean. No complaints. There was only a shower--no bathtub.

The TV was a large, LCD. Nice picture. The bed was comfortable. The sheets fine. Not a bad deal for $40+tax per night. I recommend.

Room Tip: Book early for the best selection of rooms. No elevator, but two floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2012

When we got to the room, it smelled very musty and moldy!! The service was absolutely horrible. We were staying at the hotel for 2 nights. The first night was fine and then the next day we were gone from 6 am until 8 p.m., when we got back to the room it had not been cleaned. There were no fresh towels or toilet paper. We went to the office to complain and the desk worker was obnoxious. We explained to her that our room wasn't cleaned and she mentioned that, because we have pets, they are not required to clean the room. She said that sometimes there is a communication problem with housekeeping. I told her that we were gone all day and there was no excuse. She was not interested in listening to what I had to say and the discussion was not very fruitful, so I told her that I would talk with the Manager in the am. Well, needless to say, the Manager didn't care either. I was also walking our dog and asked another person if their room was cleaned and she said "no". They need to get their act together!!!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank twojjss
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I think it's easy for a person to shell out $80 to stay at a hotel and not get the welcoming feeling that we hope for. For the price we paid at the motel 6, we were pleasantly surprised at how accommodating the staff and facility was. We only stayed one night and the room was sufficient enough for all our needs.

The building is a little bit on the older side, but they seem to be doing renovations/remodeling everytime I pass through town - That shows a lot of dedication and they truly care. I've never been so compelled to write a review for such a hospitable stay until now. This place was nice and the staff were great! I would recommend for anyone that looking for a comfortable place to stay and not hoping for a chocolate on the pillow (do they even do that anymore?)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We got Packer tickets 5 days before the game, and this was the closest hotel we could book. In retrospect, it may have been better to drive back to Madison. Room very small, bathroom was a strange shape, and the water pressure non-existent. The walls are so thin we literally heard everything next door and outside. Someone was very cold at 2:00 AM, and very sick at 3:00. We were very gone at 7:00 AM.

Room Tip: I don't imagine any of these rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Stayed here because it was the closest hotel to Green Bay I could get for a last minute Packers game excursion. The room was very small, not for a family. You get a small bar of soap and no shampoo.Bedding was clean. The lady at the desk was pleasant and early check in not a problem. If my wife would have been with me there is no way we would have stayed. Paid $45 for two adults.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends