“Inexpensive, cute, outdoor pool and many walking distance eats.”
Review of Motel 6 Oshkosh

Motel 6 Oshkosh
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We came for a cheap little getaway and stayed in this little cute room. Perfect for us just to chill and hang out by a pool for some sun. The room is small with efficient use of space. We stayed on the second floor with a king size bed. The bed was a bit firmbut do-able. Flat screen tv with usb, small fridge and microwave. Room was pretty sound proof. Seen pets around so they must be allowed, no bother to us. Staff at check in normal pleasant. Room very clean could of done surgery in it! First night, we will see how it goes.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Excellent Customer Service from Jazz, a young lady who works at the hotel. Had a problem with the wireless connection and told the front desk. Jazz was knocking on the door offering help and was very knowledgable. I left a braclet at the hotel and thought that I would never see it again. I called the hotel to ask if they had found it and Jazz had it and was waiting for me to call. She mailed it to me and I have it. This renews my faith that there are honest people in the world today. Customer service means everything today and I give my experience a 10 at the Motel 6.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Airventure in Oshkosh. We were looking for a cheap place to spend 1 night. While expensive it was still one of the cheapest options in the area and close to the airport so we went with it. The room was SMALL. Boxy with very little amenities. The bathroom was clean and the beds were okay but the maid seemed to literally cut corners. We had an ant problem and there were cobwebs everywhere. I booked a room with 1 queen size bed but was told when we arrived that they were giving us 2 double beds instead. There is very little sound proofing to the walls and we heard everything going un upstairs as well as to the room on our right. It is sparsely decorated which is okay but it comes off as looking very cheap and for the 120 we paid was not worth it. I might stay here again for 50/night but I think for next years airventure I will just camp!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tessa B
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here for the Oshkosh half marathon. We were looking for a cheap, clean place and we got it. The hotel is located conveniently near various restaurants and shops. It's also an easy drive to get downtown. The room was small, but clean and smoke-free. The décor is going for a sleek, modern look, but kind of just comes off as cheap-Ikea. Again though, it was $49 a night and clean! Only minor complaint was that it could be loud at night. Definitely has some thin walls and single-paned windows. We were awoken several times in the night due to noise from other guests next door and outside.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank needsvacation82
Reviewed 12 July 2013

staying here right now to attend lifest with my mother. Room is nice and clean. Location of motel is great BUT HERE IS THE DEAL BREAKER. the room we are in is right next to there laundry room. Got back last night around eleven and got in bed to hear there laundry machines running till twelve or so. They are running as I type and you can clearly hear it through the wall. Talked with front desk last night and was told to talk to manager this morning. When my mother did that the manager had nothing to say except we have never had a complaint about it. My mother and I both having worked in the hospitality field know what the respectable thing to do would have been. DISCOUNT THIS ROOM! We understand that the motel looks to be sold out but when my mom made the reservation, she should have been informed of the location of this room being right next to laundry area for motel, not guests. Washer and dryer are right against the wall where we put our heads down to sleep at night. Industrial washers and dryers are very loud! Its sad to say that because of this we will never return here again but its even more sad to see that management does not care about their guests experience here!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were in Oshkosh Wisconsin for a dog show and booked the Motel 6 because it was close to the show and pet friendly.

There was a decent amount of grass to walk dogs on outside the Motel 6. There is a Tilted Kilt restaurant right across the parking lot -- decent enough food, outfits a bit skimpy for the ladies working -- and a Perkins across the street. Easy access to several gas stations there too, and close to the highway.

This hotel had an outdoor pool, but it was not ready for summer use when we were there. No coffee or continental breakfast. Typical cable setup with HBO as the main premium player, but the sound and the lips of the people on the television were out of sync. There was free WiFi which is always appreciated. The phone in the room had been yanked out of the wall, guess they got tired of Tom Bodett making wake up calls. Common spaces were relatively clean and the hotel was fairly quiet given the number of long term residents, construction workers and dog show attendees that were there.

Our first room was renovated, but the floor was damaged and the pass through door to the neighboring room looked like it had been kicked off the hinges. We asked to be changed to a different room and the next room, although not renovated was suitable and close to the grassy spaces. The room was accessible as far as entryway and the bathroom, and even included a roll in shower. There was a kitchenette, but there would not have been enough space to fit through the table and the wall to get to the refrigerator or the sink.

The management was friendly and did their best to address our needs and concerns.

I will likely stay closer to the dog show venue on the next trip to Oshkosh.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RileyRants
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Hotel itself is fine. The rooms have been redesigned recently, with new coats of paint, flatscreen TVs, and decently comfortable beds. Also, looked like a faux-hardwood flooring, so no carpeting. All that make it one of the nicer Motel 6's in which I've stayed. And it's also cheap...rate was $46/night when I stayed there. That said, the motel also offers a weekly rate, and so there's a lot of people there. My first night, a small group of people hung out just outside my room being way too loud at 1:30 in the morning. My door also didn't really shut very well, so there's a security issue with the doors opening up to the outside. If you can spend more, I'd advise it...there are several nicer options in Oshkosh that are worth your money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business