“you get what you pay for”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Oshkosh

Motel 6 Oshkosh
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
“you get what you pay for”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

And what you're paying for is a dirty, small box of a room. If you're a light sleeper, don't bother because there is NO soundproofing. The room I am staying in is so "clean" that there is used plastic silverware under one of the beds. The room also smells of urine which my guess is hidden under the "new modern flooring" or in the century old mattresses that the sheets do not stay on or even fit. This is a TERRIBLE hotel and I would most definitely NOT recommend ever staying here even as a last resort!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Oshkosh, responded to this review, 13 November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

They have put some work into this location to update the rooms. We stayed in a room with one bed and when we first opened the door we thought that the room was nice looking. The lights, the tv, fridge, microwave all looked new and clean. The bathroom was ok once again it was updated with some modern furnishing. Though the wall had two different whit paints on it. So you can tell they did some patch work on the painted area. So the looks of the place was fine and looked modern. The outside of the place looks like something you would find in Florida and kind of has an upbeat feel to the place. Appearances of the place give this a good vibe.

Since we were at an event most of the evening and did not get back to our room until almost midnight we did not have time to notice that the room lacked some basic things. The room had no shampoo or Kleenexes, I also could not find a pen in the room to fill out the comment card to let them know that it lacked these basic things. The TV remote also did not work leaving me with no way to turn on the TV. Since it was after midnight by the time I figured this out I just lived without it. Though I did take the back off the remote and the battery compartment was full of corrosion so I doubt it worked for a long time. Since the TV is in an anti-theft box I could not just manually control the TV.

There did appear to be coffee in the lobby of the place as well as a bunch of vending machines.

Overall it still was decent stay just lacked some things that would make this place great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jason S - We apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had a two night stay at this Motel 6. Upon arriving, I saw that the comforter had a suspicious whitish substance on it. Got it changed at the front desk with no issue. Also, the linoleum floor was extremely dirty...my feet were black from walking on it after a few minutes. The updated furniture is sleek and nice - gives the room a boost. But the stand up shower was moldy and needs an upgrade. Despite the updated sink and furniture, the room still feels old. There is no tissue paper, body wash, or shampoo/conditioner in the room - bring your own. Staff was very friendly at the front desk. Their housekeeping staff, however, needs some serious improvement. If you are on a low budget, then this motel is a decent choice. It isn't terrible, but it does need to improve its cleanliness. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed September 2013
Motel6, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Oshkosh, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Om2007,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
West Burlington, IA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel purely for location but it was horrible...dirty, dirty, dirty! I was afraid to touch anything! I would not recommend staying there so if this is your only option, look for the next town over and drive!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Oshkosh, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Christy,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Toms River, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at the Motel 6 because it was near the Airventure Airshow 2013. Motel 6 advertises the fact that they offer affordable rates. I paid $254 per night for 4 nights. Obviously they raise the rates for this event but that price is about 500% more that the usual rate. The room did not have a dresser or a closet and they did not offer facial tissues. I used a roll of toilet tissue as facial tissue. When I woke up the first morning the sheets were all undone. I thought to be quite odd because I am not a restless sleeper. I tried to make the bed and realized they had put a full size sheet on a queen bed. I asked the room attendant for another sheet. I tried to put that one on my bed but realized that she gave me another full size sheet. I finally received a queen sized sheet. Hardly worth $254 a night.
Just before I left for the airshow I asked the front desk if they could tell me how to get to the main entrance to the airshow. The front desk person was puzzled by my request and proceeded to look on the computer. It took me approximately one hour to find the entrance using the instructions the front desk gave me. Take into consideration that the airshow is approximately 10 minutes from the Motel. Not very good for an event that is held in Oshkosh every year. I went to the airshow at around 10 am and returned around 5 pm. My room was not made up. I wanted to relax after a busy day so I instructed the room attendant not to make up my room.
Over all the room was not worth $254 a night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We came for a cheap little getaway and stayed in this little cute room. Perfect for us just to chill and hang out by a pool for some sun. The room is small with efficient use of space. We stayed on the second floor with a king size bed. The bed was a bit firmbut do-able. Flat screen tv with usb, small fridge and microwave. Room was pretty sound proof. Seen pets around so they must be allowed, no bother to us. Staff at check in normal pleasant. Room very clean could of done surgery in it! First night, we will see how it goes.

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Excellent Customer Service from Jazz, a young lady who works at the hotel. Had a problem with the wireless connection and told the front desk. Jazz was knocking on the door offering help and was very knowledgable. I left a braclet at the hotel and thought that I would never see it again. I called the hotel to ask if they had found it and Jazz had it and was waiting for me to call. She mailed it to me and I have it. This renews my faith that there are honest people in the world today. Customer service means everything today and I give my experience a 10 at the Motel 6.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple