We felt like we were welcomed into the home of a family member. Nicole left nothing to chance in her attention to detail and it shows. The public spaces were comfortable for eating, watching TV, working, or just chatting with fellow travelers. WiFi was available for those who wanted to be connected.
Nicole offered two choices each day of a hot breakfast and made sure to ask upon your arrival about dietary constraints she should know about. There will always be characters at a B&B but we found all of our discussions with fellow travelers at the breakfast table to be interesting, lively, and friendly. Besides, there were three different rooms to have your breakfast, so if you wanted alone time, Nicole made it easy. She and Scott offered guests a little wine and cheese in the late afternoon for those who were interested. There was always a yummy late night snack available. When I asked about local bike rentals, Scott pulled a couple of bikes out of their garage and sent us on our way to a bike trail that followed the river that goes through Oshkosh.
Each room was beautifully furnished and spotless. When I say spotless, I mean spotless.
Each room also had a bathroom. Some rooms were smaller than others and required a little ingenuity to insert a shower, sink and toilet, but it fit our needs just fine. Other rooms had bathrooms that were quite large.
The location of the B&B was central to the Oshkosh downtown business district. It was within a 5 minute walk of some excellent dining. It's a small town, so everyone knows everyone. Just ask for a recommendation. We had several delicious and reasonably priced dinners. My wife and I commented that we would have spent much more $ back home for the same meals. On Saturday there was a farmer's market on the main street with local foods (including cheese) and crafts for sale.
They're also about a mile from Lake Winnebago and a lovely park and beachfront. The temperatures were oppressively hot when we were there (100s) so we spent more time indoors than we might have otherwise. We always felt welcome and relaxed. It was galactically better than a hotel!
- Great location.
- Friendly and attentive hosts.
- Attention to detail in every corner of the house (great for those of you interested in antiques)
- Delicious breakfasts and generous snacks
We had a wonderful B&B experience at Brayton. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forget about the lace, ruffles, floral patterns and country motif; you won’t find any of that at the Brayton Bed and Breakfast. As you enter through the front door of the Brayton Bed & Breakfast, you walk into a bright and airy four seasons room that begs you to sit and enjoy that early morning cup of coffee at sunrise. Step into the foyer with the curved open staircase and you are greeted with casual elegance and deep rich hues that are present throughout the entire home. The Brayton B&B boasts original architecture inside and out for that feeling of authenticity that you won’t find in any branded hotel. But central air, flat screen TVs, wireless Internet,microfiber blended sheets, upscale bath products, and fluffy robes in our suites are proof positive your accommodations are up to date and very comfortable. Five uniquely designed and richly decorated guest rooms with their own private baths cater to every personality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brayton Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brayton Bed And Breakfast Oshkosh, Wisconsin