“Homely and Welcoming”
Review of Knapwell Wood Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knapwell
Knapwell Wood Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Knapwell B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Homely and Welcoming”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Great. After a long drive it was great to be welcomed with a pot of tea. The B&B was immaculate, with a lovely breakfast room and spacious bedrooms. Located a 3km drive from the Cambourne Business Park it is a short drive, and close enough if you want to run to and from work. I would stay there again if working in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Siobhan128, Owner at Knapwell Wood Farm, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Glad the pot of tea was welcome! We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is an excellent B&B located on the fringes of the village in a lovely location. The buildings and grounds are also great. It is a real pleasure to stay at the B&B, I do so regularly for work related reasons. The high standards of the owners, Siobhan Monaghan-Keeler and Ian Keeler, are unfailingly maintained every time I stay.

The accommodation is great and the breakfast well above the standards of most similar places I have stayed. I'd say the breakfast is actually better than in many 4* hotels I have stayed at. The choice is wide and nothing is too much trouble for Shiobhan and Ian (as I have asked, they even cook my scrambled eggs the way I like them every time I stay without being asked again - not runny - just an example of how good this B&B really is).

I'd highly recommend a stay if you are looking for accommodation for leisure or business. Both Cambourne and Cambridge are in easy reach.

Siobhan and Ian make one feel welcome without overdoing things and simply nothing seems to be too much trouble.

The bedrooms are excellent, I have stayed in all of them. Very clean, brill bathrooms and lovely bed linen.

I could go on, but you

Room Tip: No tips really. Just as the website says, if you are on business do ask about commercial rates. If i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for your kind words & hope you continue to enjoy your stays with us.
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here to visit a Cambridge student on two occasions so far.

The hospitality is great and we were made to feel very welcome. We stayed in Charlotte's room both times, which is a good size with king sized bed. Ensuite is equipped with a good shower.

I had the cooked breakfast and my other half the bread selection. The cooked breakfast is one of the best I've had at a B&B and the bread selection went down very well too. Service was relaxed and efficient.

It's in a great location to get into Cambridge by car although satnav can take you an odd route on the A14, so beware!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Siobhan128, Owner at Knapwell Wood Farm, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
It is always a pleasure to have repeat bookings and I am so pleased that you felt that your second stay was as good as your first. I'm glad that your both enjoyed your breakfasts and felt that they were worthy of a special mention. Thank you for your kind words and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again next time you are visiting a Cambridge Student.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions now while my husband has been in Papworth hospital and l couldn't have been made more welcome by Siobhan and Ian. During my stays l have had the pleasure of trying every room even the self catering studio and they are all excellently decorated and furnished and very comfortable. There is no doubt myself and my husband will definitely return as soon as possible.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Siobhan128, Owner at Knapwell Wood Farm, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
It is always lovely to see you and your husband Pat even though the circumstances are sometimes difficult. Thank you for your kind review of Knapwell Wood Farm, it's always a pleasure to welcome you here and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights in B&B which is located in a nice part just outside of Cambridge. Great room, very tasty breakfast and helpful owners who give good advice on places to visit. Surely worth staying for a long weekend and exploring the area

• Stayed November 2013
Siobhan128, Owner at Knapwell Wood Farm, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
We are so pleased that you had a nice stay here at Knapwell Wood Farm and that our advice on where to go and what to see was useful. If you would like to come back for a long weekend to explore the area then please do get in touch.
Harrogate
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I spotted this B & B using trip advisor and it did not disappoint! The attention to detail is what makes a stay in this B & B such a pleasure. From the oh so soft and cosy continental quilt to the tasty breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble. The host is very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely return. There is a nice pub close by called the Golden Ball that does lovely food we called "on spec" on the Sat AND Sun and they fit us in but you would probably need to reserve a table in summer. We used the park and ride into Cambridge 3 times. Very reasonable £2.40 return which saves having to bother finding a parking space. Buses are every 10 mins. I am a bit picky about cleanliness as some places can be very disappointing but Knapwell Wood Farm is spotlessly clean so you will have no worries. We staying in Charlottes room which was very roomy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Siobhan128, Owner at Knapwell Wood Farm, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay, we are so pleased that we did not disappoint. It's always nice to live upto expectations and we we look forward to welcoming you back to Knapwell Wood Farm at some point in the future should you be visiting the area.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed there for one night whilst stopping over in Cambridge. Very nice room in a nice quiet area which I liked. Breakfast was probably the best I've ever come across, beats most of the Hotels in the £80 to £150 Price band. The only minor thing for me personally was that we would have liked a lie in, but the noise from the heavy front door just below our room and the heavy bedroom fire doors in the stairway woke me and reminded me that we were in a commercially run premises rather than the quiet farm house that it one was. Maybe gentle door closers would improve the ambiance. Most people won't notice this, but its the only reason I’ll knock off one star. Would stay there again but I will make sure I get up (and leave) when everybody else does!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are sorry that the other guests woke you before you had the opportunity to have a lie in. Unfortunately as you say, with a commercial run premises it's always difficult although if we'd been aware of your plans we could have asked the other guests to be more mindful of the noisy doors. Despite that, we are pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and would stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knapwell
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
#8 of 36 in Cambridge
Worth House
Worth House
#3 of 121 in Cambridge

Been to Knapwell Wood Farm? Share your experiences!