Rose Corner
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Impington
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Felix(Cambridge)
Hamilton Lodge(Cambridge)
Ashley Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbiscuitsb bhome from homedouble roombreakfast tablechain hotelsbreakfast was deliciousa lovely place to stayplenty of parkingminute drivepoached eggsother guestswendytvhostscambridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was recommended this B&B two years ago and stayed there for three nights. The following year I was paying another visit to Cambridgeshire, and Rose Corner was a natural choice for accomodation.

It is located in a quiet area (very important to me), the room offers enough space for a single traveller and it is spotlessly clean and has a good bed. I was welcomed like a friend on visit my first time around - only to be recognised almost like a part of the family on my second stay. Wendy is a firstclass host, very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is cooked to order and served at the time you like. I had full access to the lounge and the beautiful garden at the rear.

Histon is a nearby village and a stroll there is nice with some great options for pubs and restaurants.

I will definitely go back to Rose Corner for another stay when I am visiting Cambridgeshire again.

Room Tip: Single rooms doesn't have any ensuite offer - if you should prefer that you should ask for the double room specifically.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank greek-traveller
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I visited the Rose Corner B&B on December 2011 and I stayed there for one night with my wife and our kid.
Although I have often used B&Bs while travelling in UK, for my wife it was the first time to step in one of them and it was a pleasant surprise....we were both enthusiast: everything was clean and well organized and the room was extremely nice...even colour combinations of furniture and curtains were coupled... I felt like in my childhood room.
Wendy, the lady who owns the B&B together with her hb, was helpful and professional in setting the reservation and very kind as well as her husband.
They have quite a wide garden which is in good but not perfect conditions, anyway it was enjoyable both for the adults and for our 2yo kid. By the way, the B&B is really kids-friendly: Wendy made us find some Lego constructions for my son and we could relax while having a close look to the kid at the same time.
The area is quite and the location is just a few minutes far from Cambridge center by car.
On top of that the room price was quite reasonable (70 ₤) and it could have been lower if we stayed longer...
Rose Corner is definetely a good place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Zi0Nick
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We discovered Rose Corner by accident but are extremely glad we did!
I have relatives in the Cambridge area so we tend to stay there once per year.
Each double or twin room is pleasantly decorated (having slept in each over the years!); beds are firm but comfortable; extra bedding is supplied if requested; bathroom or showers very clean, and hot water is available throughout the day; towels; tea/coffee tray with bicuits, replenished every day; wardrobe space; plenty of drawers; central heating, windows that open and a fan for hot weather; each room has a handy booklet with details of local restaurants and information.
Breakfasts are taken in the large dining room + conservatory. Choice of fruit juices/ cereals; Breakfasts consist of bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms and eggs (fried, poached, boiled or scrambled). Tea or coffee (served in cafetiere and strong), toast (brown or white), strawberry jam or marmalade.
Wendy (owner) cooks and serves to order and will give info re Cambridge and surrounding area if asked.
The house is situated on the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac with open views to the side and from the beautifully kept garden at the back.
Guests have the use of the conservatory and there is plenty of parking space at the front of the house
In Histon (nice walk) there are places for evening meals - Chinese, Indian both recommended and two or three public houses.
Use the local buses or the Park and Ride to visit Cambridge.
Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Having stayed in most of the rooms it's a personal choice re shower or bath, twin or double but all are very comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed here because it offered value for money for our family of 4 visiting Cambridge. This meant we were a little way out of the town centre but it didn't pose a problem for us.
Rose Corner was fully booked for the time we wanted to visit but they managed to accommodate our family for the one night we needed by putting an extra bed in the kid's room at a discounted rate. We really appreciated the effort they went to to accommodate our needs.
The rooms were very comfortable with clean bathroom facilities, Tvs and WIFI which was an unexpected surprise. Plenty of parking.
The house is located at the end of a residential development and so is very quiet and looks out onto farmland.
Agree with previous comment about breakfast being a little sparse - but our son survived regardless. Lovely traditional breakfast room - we loved the jam pots!
Lovely friendly welcome and farewell - would happily reccommend. Wish we had met the dog!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My fiance and I stayed for 1 night as he has family in the area - a very friendly welcome, clean decent size room with large ensuite and free wi-fi broadband. Very quiet location on a residential street a few minutes walk from picturesque Histon with a wide range of pubs/restaurants. Rose Corner has a large rear garden with views out to open farmland.

Freshly prepared cooked breakfast and excellent home made jam and marmalade.

Far better value for money than stopping in Cambridge centre.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple