“slowly going down hill”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Eagle River, Wisconsin
“slowly going down hill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I used to stay at this property frequently but I must say that I think the overall quality is dropping.
I think that the house keeping is avg. to poor. I am finding things left in the rooms from the past occupant.
They state that there is a hot breakfast starting at 6:00 AM but the last several times there the hot food is not out until later in the morning and quite frankly the food then has not been hot.
The front desk staff has been nice to deal with and they are friendly.
Overall with some work the place can be better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MIFire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Lodge is very themed and a very nice change from your standard beige hotels. Pool was good sized as well as lots of tables to eat and relax at , in pool area as well as in the common areas. Very clean, large rooms. Always lots of towels at pool.Most hotels never have clean pool towels. Bathrooms right inside pool area,nice not to have to go thru an air conditioned lobby to get to them. Staff was helpful. Holiday inn across the street was much more expensive, nice lobby with chairs but because they don't have a breakfast area there is no place to share a snack/pizza with friends. Husband and friends enjoyed their meal at the Machine Shed next door while the moms ate pizza while the kids swam.

• Stayed June 2013
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We had to locate a room for an unexpected extra night in the area and decided to give Wildwood a shot. The double queen room was spacious and comfortable. It was VERY clean and the beds comfortable with great pillows. It cost $75 less than the over priced luxury downtown hotel we stayed in the previous two nights. I highly recommend the hotel. I only wish I had brought a swimsuit to enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: Double queen room had a sleeper sofa.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sadie K, Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please think of us the next time you find yourself in the Greater Milwaukee Area, it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

With Gratitude,

Sadie K
Sales Executive
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a nice property overall, but I think has some management issues. We had issues with both check in and check out, and it seems like they have random inconsistently enforced policies here.

We were part of a large wedding group so we got to talk to others to see how their experiences went, and others confirmed the same inconsistent policies we observed. For instance, many of us had to travel a long ways to get here (6+ hours) and some arrived before 4PM (check in time). Some were allowed to check in early, others were told to come back later . We were ones told to come back later (even though we were only about 30 minutes early at 3:30PM) , even though the people after us were allowed to check in early. It depended on which one of the front desk people helped you as to how they handled it. And the parking lots was not even 1/4 full at the time so they did have plenty of rooms available.

When we arrived, I was 4th in line. The 3 ahead of me were all checking out, even thought it was after 3PM, so they were allowed late checkout obviously. It took them about 15 minutes to get checkout out though, so the whole process was very inefficient.

As far as the hotel goes it is actually pretty nice overall, though there were some cleanliness issues (see the photo I posted with the gross vending machine with layers of dust inside). The breakfast area is nice as is the pool area.

The room was big and the beds were comfortable. The HVAC had issues (the wall unit did not work but the controls on the heater itself were working, even though the sign said not to use them).

This is in a nice area with a couple very good restaurants right next door, and also right by a gas station. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FamilyVacationsMN
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I've stayed here for business many times and this place ROCKS! The manager Jeff consistently goes out of his way to make my stay great. I love those warm cookies at the desk! Really helpful and nice staff. If anyone is looking for the revival of customer service, look no further! Thank you Jeff and team for everything you do to aid in my stay!

Room Tip: Tell the manager what you are looking for, he's GREAT!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed here because the Holiday Inn across the street was overpriced when I called. I'm so glad I checked out the Wildwood Lodge! From the beautiful lobby to the nicely appointed rooms, this is a hidden gem. Even though I was unable to give them my credit card number when I called for a room (I was driving at the time), they held a room for me until I got there, which was after 6:30 pm. I was warmly greeted by the woman at the front desk and they accommodated my request for a first floor room. She made a recommendation for a place to eat and even told me what she thought were the best things they served. I will definitely stay here again when I have business in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Baraboo, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My son turned 16 and wanted to stay in a hotel by a pool for a night. Being close we decided to try this hotel. When setting up registration the front desk associate was very courteous. When we came in to check in he remembered us and again was very friendly. The hotel is next to I-94 and easy to get to, there is a Machine Shed restaurant and also the Thunder Bay restaurant is walking distance to the hotel. The room had a small refridge which is nice to have. The only disappointment was the beds were extremely hard but for one night it was manageable. The hotel offered an average continental breakfast but nice. Location is also convenient to anyone who wants to travel to Waukesha for an event at the Expo center. Very close drive. Overall I will visit here again and if I have traveling relatives coming to the area, I will suggest this hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms were convienant and noise was minimum.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Holiday Inn Pewaukee
BEST WESTERN Waukesha Grand
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to Wildwood Lodge? Share your experiences!