“Elegant Hotel, Good Staff & Stay”

Milwaukee Marriott West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Buffalo, New York
“Elegant Hotel, Good Staff & Stay”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had just one night stay here. Hotel commons are beautifully decorated and kept. Pool area was immaculate, and included private shower facilities, hot tub, and a pool large enough for lap swimming. Had a small problem with the pool door, and the desk and engineering staff addressed the issue promptly and thoughtfully. Room was comfortable and clean. We purchased the breakfast buffet option in the hotel restaurant. Buffet offered a wide variety of fresh food and a very good omelette station. Desk staff were competent and helpful. One caution, this is a very large hotel with some rooms located a long distance to an elevator. If this is an issue for you, ask for a room close to the elevator. Very goods hotel, recommended.

Room Tip: This is a very large hotel with some rooms located a long distance to an elevator. If this is an is...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share all of your comments with the staff. That was a good tip about the elevator. Thanks for all your kind words, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hudson, WI
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful, as are the views from the room. The facilities are also top notch. I had supper in the bar. I ordered a drink, "on the rocks". I then ordered my meal. When the bill was presented, there was a $2.00 additional bar charge. When questioned, the response was, "You ordered it on the rocks, thus the pour is more generous". The glass did not appear to be any larger. Bill paid; not happy. $2.00 for ice = stupid.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hello BirkieSkier, thanks for the overall positive review. When I read the part about the drink I too was a little taken aback. If the standard is to pour more and charge more then the guest should at a minimum be informed of their options. I will share this with the restaurant manager and see if this can be avoided in the future. Thanks for the feedback. Happy Holidays.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Some of the full service Marriotts seem to be getting older but this one was really nice. Great holiday decorations which created nice feel. Spent time in the Lounge on 6th floor and the host was really great... even got food back out for my co-worker who was late... great service

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hello Sean F, Thank you for reviewing your stay. I was pleased to read that your were particularly happy with the service and cleanliness in the hotel. We are excited about upcoming renovations that are planned for 2014. The lobby, restaurant and lounge will be getting a total makeover. Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed over a week for a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The hotel has an excellent location, has easy drives to downtown as well as both chicago and milwaukee airports . It does have the typical Marriott charm. The rooms are spacious, incredibly clean and the beds and pillows soft and extremely cozy.
The staff was very well behaved and helped me arrange cabs when needed for my travel. The restaurant is very good and had a fair share of vegetarian stuff.
The guests are a mix of business and family travelers. I saw a lot of guests who were over for the Sunday game at millers park.
Though I did not use the pool, it seemed well kept. However the gym is not as well equipped as you would expect, but is free most of the time.
I look forward to my next visit

Room Tip: Rooms that face entrance have a great view of the freeway and the property.
Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thanks for the great review. We are delighted that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. I will share your review with the team.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and located right off the freeway. They were very accommodating to letting us check in early as we had a wedding to get to. Pool and whirlpool were clean. And as usual marriott beds are so comfortable as both pillows and sheets are very soft.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thanks for the very kind words. We are delighted your weekend stay was enjoyable and that we were able to accomodate your check in. Thanks again for staying with us.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel has an excellent location convenient to I-94. It is a reasonably easy drive to downtown Milwaukee and the airport. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was pleasant. The rate was reasonable. I look forward to another visit at this great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello Samuel K. Thanks for the positive review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. Just remember to bring a coat if you are coming anytime soon from Florida.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I like to stay at this hotel quite often because it is reasonably-priced and incredibly clean. I just completed a stay, and realized I haven't reviewed this hotel yet. For those that are new to my reviews, I do my reviews from the perspective of a Platinum Elite member with Marriott. There are many road warriors that have certain expectations for a Marriott, and this hotel meets or exceeds most of those expectations.

The previous reviews covered things fairly well, so I won't re-hash previous comments. Our room was very clean, recently-renovated, quiet, and comfortable. The staff were professional and helpful. The food was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

It looks like this hotel is transitioning over to Thann toiletries, which is a really nice touch. Much better than the Bath and Bodyworks stuff.

In terms of areas for improvement, I only have two minor things:

-This hotel no longer has the "old school" Marriott euro pillows, and instead has four really soft feather pillows that aren't great if you prefer foam pillows. I called to request foam pillows, and the hotel said they were out. Really? If Marriott is forcing this change on your hotel, please start reading your guests' Marriott profiles and stock up on foam pillows.

-My wife was charged a $2.50 "convenience fee" for picking up food from the hotel restaurant. It's kind of tacky for Marriott to take 25% of a $10 F&B voucher right off the top with this type of a fee. Was a Styrofoam box worth $2.50? I don't think so.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello Wisconsin Badger, I'm a proud parent of a Badger myself. Thank you for the 5 Star review. Coming from a road warrior like yourself it is very much appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments and feedback with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Wildwood Lodge
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)

Been to Milwaukee Marriott West? Share your experiences!