“Very Nice but...”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Quincy, Illinois
“Very Nice but...”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was my first time at this particular hotel. It is more like a lodge and dining is near by with 2 restaurants which are affiliated with the hotel. The hotel is very clean, rooms very nice and comfortable. The staff is friendly. I had a minor charge on my invoice (someone charged a bottled water to my room number) which I did not make, when I brought this up to the clerk she corrected my invoice and I was on my way. The rate seemed a little high and the breakfast is nothing to write home about, thought it would have more of a selection because of the higher room rates. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sadie K, Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it is so valuable to us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return. My sincere apologies for any billing inconveniences you may have experienced, I am happy we were able to correct it for you immediately.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you the next time you are here, it would be my pleasure to do so!

With Gratitude,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hebron, Indiana
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Based on looks alone, the hotel is strikingly beautiful. The rooms are beautiful. 1) However, our room has bugs! Ants & beetles. The manager said she was "...aware of this problem & do I want the room sprayed for the bugs?" Really? How healthy would that be? Kill the bugs & have the family get sick smelling the spray. That wasn't going to work. There where no other rooms to move to. SO, WE SLEPT WITH THE BUGS!!! We could not get a refund because we used priceline.com. They ended up giving us a free breakfast, and that seemed reasonable. 2) However, when we went to breakfast, all the food was gone, there was no one to replace the food because someone called off. Many people were upset over the food shortage & all the dirty tables. 3) Kids can't swim (even with parents) after 10 pm. Only adults from 10 - 11 pm I just couldn't win at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ReneeinHebron
Sadie K, Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is nice to read that you enjoyed the design of the hotel. I would, however, like to apologize that there were some service issues on the hotel side during your visit. I assure you, your experience was not to our usually very high standards, and will address each of your comments directly.

Should you find yourself in the area again, I do hope that you will reconsider returning in the future to see the improvements we have made!

Please feel encouraged to contact me at the hotel with any further questions or feedback.

Sadie K
262-506-2250
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is by far the best Holiday Inn that I have stated at. Yes, it must be fairly new, but it really shows the chain is working to raise its image.

I had a standard King room which was nice and roomy, with a convenient work desk and a huge flat screen TV with an excellent channel selection.

The bathroom was nice and large with a wide built-in vanity and a very large walk-in shower with two shower heads and a glass door. The king bed was oh-so comfy and everything was immaculate.

There was a large, two-story great-room entrance which gave a welcoming feeling upon arrival. Lovely exterior to the facility, nice workout room, reasonably priced breakfast and a beautiful pool area. Two staff members I spoke with were very pleasant and helpful. And all this at a very good price and convenient location right off I-94.

Well-done, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed August 2013
Wow!! Thank you for your review. I have passed along your comments and we all could not be happier to read how much you enjoyed your time at the hotel! I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Sadie K
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Last week, I spent 2 nights on business travel at this property. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and new the property looked. A woodsy, retreat-like feeling, especially in the large two-story foyer - lots of wood, slate floor, plenty of comfortable seating arranged for intimate gatherings. My room was very nice, at the east end of first floor. It had a large angular work desk and a king bed. The bathroom was very spacious, with a large granite-walled shower that had dual shower heads. It was nice to have a larger shower, but it seemed wasteful that both showerheads ran at the same time since they were operated by the singular control - excessive water used, especially for just one person. If you find yourself in the West Milwaukee or Pewaukee area, I would recommend this property. Conveniently located right off I-94 with a nice restaurant (Thunder Bay Grille) right next door via connecting sidewalk out the east end of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sadie K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we really appreciate and value your feedback. I have shared your compliments and suggestions with our entire team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Sadie
inft
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed at this property on 3 different occasions now. The hotel is nice, clean and close to the expressway. The staff at this hotel is poor at best. They are not very knowledgeable and the front desk staff is cold, unwilling to help and not trained very well. I asked for a menu of local places that deliver and was told to come down to the front desk. When I did, the desk clerk had a bunch of out dated matererial and could not give me directions to most places. He said I could use the computer in the business center to look things up. I am an IHG Ambassador member and this is the most worst staff I have ever experienced. When I called down to order a pot of coffee from room service I was told "walk down to the lobby, coffee is free there". Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure your room type is still what you requested. Other wise they will change it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sadie K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed review, this has been passed along to all departments to both celebrate and learn from. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, it would be my pleasure to talk further about the steps we are taking to improve and grow further from your feedback. Thank you again, I do hope that we connect soon.

Sadie
direct: 262-506-2250
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Pleasantly surprised by this property. The atmosphere is so inviting and relaxing; just an overall great retreat. The restaurants adjacent to the property are excellent complements to the Holiday Inn setting. The rooms are clean and roomy and quiet. The staff are welcoming and accommodating and just great. It is close and conveniently located to the Waukesha County Fair Grounds. I can't think of one negative thing to say about this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I am a fellow holiday inn employee and i reserved rooms for family memebers to stay during the passing of a recent family member. I did all the procedures that was needed I even supposedly spoke with a manager and confirmed I will not be there but my family was checking in gave names for the reservations and so forth. Everything seemed ok, I happen to stay in Jackson, Tn over 6-9 hours away so when everything seemed ok and approved for my rooms I had no worries of my family being able to check in. When my family arrived they were told they couldn't check in that they needed my employee card when it was not an employee room rate it was a family & friends rate. So I asked to speak with manager and I was told the front desk rep was the manager when I knew shw was not. Being I am an employee I know all about the system as well I asked for her to inform me of who made the changes (property management system) she said no on by that name worked there. So I expressed that I would be getting on trip advisor or with corporate to inform someone of this situation. Then all of sudden the conversation with the manager and I was rememered but they still gave my family a $99 rate when we had discussed this so I felt they didn't stay true to their word. I was upset if it was a problem with the rate I should have never been given that price in the first place. I don't plan on reserving anymore rooms at this property. As a guest rep I take pride in accomdating all ofmy guests wiether their employees or not I give everyone the same attention.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kiara b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear kiara b,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Wildwood Lodge
The Country Springs Hotel
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to Holiday Inn Pewaukee? Share your experiences!