“A local place that does not disappoint”
Review of Casa Tequila

Casa Tequila
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Since I live in Pewaukee, this is our standard "go-to" mexican restaurant. The convenient location offsets any negatives and this is a place where we often meet up with friends or come for a family dinner (as we did last night).

The positives: A casual setting that is good for families, especially if you have smaller children. A main dining side separated by a chest-high railing from the bar side. You can eat dinner in either section (bar area has tabletops of four). Two larger tv's play sports in the bar area, so get a view if your kids are interested. The normal fare for a Mexican/American restaurant and nobody will go home disappointed (real Mexican places have much more fish on the menu). Very good prices on most basic food options. Two varieties of salsa presented at your table with chips.

The negatives: Not many. I think they could have a wider selection of authentic Mexican food. They do not have a good "hot" offering of salsa for those who like more spice. A weak beer selection (on tap).

They do have a few "house specialties" which I would suggest you try. They offer three sizes of Margarita's and I think Tuesday/Wednesday nights they have them specialty priced. The food will be served promptly and I have found the servers are very responsive to any changes or things that you may not have liked. Overall, for a local establishment, Casa Tequila fits our need when we desire local Mexican fare (versus driving to Brookfield for Jose's Blue Sombraro). I also recommend it for times when you just want to have a few drinks and several couples cannot decide where to meet up.

There are newer reviews for Casa Tequila

Reviewed 2 May 2014

What an awful mexican restaurant, the food, the service, the cocktails, it was all bad.
We waited at the door for a few minutes to be greeted, then we waited at least 10 minutes at the table before I had to ask for a server to help us. We ordered their house margaritas which were awful. The combonation dinners were poor at best. The only things that kept this review from being terrible were the table side Guac, and Santiago, the busser who kept our chips and salsa bowls full. We had intended to get some to go food for our kids but decided that they would prefer the Taco Bell food down the street. There are MUCH better Mexican restaurants in the western suburbs of Milwaukee, skip Casa Tequila.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We have been going here since it opened. The service has always been excellent. Tonight was not good. We waited about 10 minutes for our server to show up after being seated. We had already finished the chips and salsa. We ordered drinks and our food right away. We asked for more chips and salsa. We got our drinks and more chips and salsa except for my Patrons silver margarita. I waited and waited. I was finally able to flag down the waitress to ask where my drink was? I still waited another 10 minutes for it. By that time our food arrived. The food was epic. I had the guadalahsra fajitas. They are called something else now. Steak, chicken, and chorizo grilled along with peppers. Epic dish. There only appeared to be 2 servers in the main dining area. There was a greeter and a guy running the cash register. They were oblivious to how long we waited for everything. There is usually a team of people waiting on tables. Our waitress was clueless. She must be new. I didn't recognize anyone working there.

If you love good Mexican food and don't mind waiting forever, check this place out. Great service would get this place 5 stars in my opinion.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Been there a couple of times and not disappointed.
The food was very good, service friendly and efficient.
A nice place to have Mexican food in pleasant surroundings.
Their fajita's are great and the Chimichanga's do not disappoint...
Will be back again :)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Living in the area, we frequent Casa Tequila plenty. They have great specials every day, the table-side guacamole they make is awesome and be sure to try the guava margaritas!