“Pricey but excellent food”
Review of Jake's Restaurant

Jake's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 86 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Barker and Springdale
Reviewed 9 November 2013

As a frequent business traveller, I like to try local establishments as much as possible. Two colleagues and I had finished our meeting and decided to find something in Pewaukee and used TripAdvisor to scout possible restaurants. Jake's was very close and had good reviews so we decided to give it a try.

We first sat down at the bar to have a beer before dinner. I think Jake's has a nice bar area and the bartenders were very friendly and gave us recommendations for local brews. I will say that I thought the menu pricing to be on the high side especially for steaks. It's definitely not a value establishment. With that stated, the food was excellent.

I like to eat dishes that have local ingredients and being so close Lake Michigan, that means Walleye. I started off though with a special appetizer of bone marrow with toast (excellently done). Jake's pan fried panco crusted Walleye was delicious and perfectly cooked. I accompanied the Walleye with wild rice and butternut squash both of which came prepared in mini cast iron skillets (excellent presentation) which were very good.

Overall, Jake's is an excellent choice for a special occasion or business dinner.

1  Thank Sojoerner

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Good atmosphere, good drinks, good service and great food - consistently! I've never had a bad evening at Jakes - it's a great restaurant. Whenever I go, I must have the creamy dill salad dressing...it's the best salad dressing I've ever had anywhere! If someone were to ask what my favorite restaurant(s) is, Jakes is always on my list - but I have found people often times feel Jakes prices are too high and although I don't mind paying a bit more for a consistently good meal, I must agree that the cost of dinner, even when it's just my husband and I, can add up very quickly at Jake's.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had dinner later last evening after a busy day of outdoor activities. Found everyone, even the other guests to be very friendly. It seemed everyone was enjoying themselves. My wife and I had a very relaxing and pleasant evening. The waitress Danielle was very nice and accommodating. Portions were appropriate. We did not leave in a food coma. That is a good thing. Wine selection also very nice. Steaks were done appropriately. Brussel sprouts and corn made excellent side dishes. Very Tasty! Oysters were nicely prepared. I wanted a steak and but was really enticed by the South African lobster Tail special. The created for me a very pleasant surf and turf combo. The only reason I didn't give it five stars had to do with my wifes' bing cherry salad. It had no cherries. We didn't make a stir as the salad was really what she wanted and enjoyed it anyway. We noted that someone else had the same issue on another review. If they don't have them they should let us know up front or change the name of the salad. Overall have a very nice time. Food was very enjoyable. We will return.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I frequently have to entertain out of state guests for business and I frequently take them to Jake's. Many of them look forward to their trip because they love the food -- especially the steaks. I've tried other restaurants in the area and Jake's consistently delivers the best steaks. Of course they have other great items on the menu if you're not into steak. I highly recommend this place. Service I'd excellent too.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Tonight my husband and I went to Jake's Restaurant in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. It was our first time there, and the experience was really great. The restaurant is attractive and inviting, and has the atmosphere of a seasoned Wisconsin steakhouse/supper club.

Our server, Adam, was warm and engaging as he described the specials and explained some details of the menu. We mentioned that we were counting calories, and he made sure than any sauces, salad dressings, or flavored butters were served on the side. My husband ordered one of the specials, a ribeye steak. His comment was that the steak was perfectly cooked, flavorful, and warm, and noted that he has rarely had a steak that met all three criteria. My six-ounce filet was perfectly cooked. I chose a baked sweet potato and Brussels sprouts for my sided, and both were delicious. Finally, Adam invited us to join the restaurant's loyalty program, through which we will qualify for cash-back rewards and discounts.

Jake's is a top dollar restaurant, but one that we will return to due to the excellence of the food and service.