“Old school supper club”

Michael's House of Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's House of Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Price range: US$20 - US$89
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Michaels House of Prime has been a family owned and operated restaurant for over 90 years. While specializing in bringing our diners delicious slow roasted prime rib and mouth watering steaks and seafood, Michael's also delivers on a wonderful Friday Fish Fry and a great variety of appetizers. The changing menu reflects the change in seasons and the availability of produce from area farmers and providers. The bar chefs are constantly creating new drinks to entice you from leaving an old favorite for something new. They also make a wide variety of good old Wisconsin ice cream drinks. Tuesdays is Smokehouse night that along with our full menu the chefs use the backyard smoker to create some wonderful BBQ.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Old school supper club”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We enjoyed a dinner here Saturday night with friends and enjoyed every moment! The restaurant reminds me of the supper clubs my parents used to take me too, it's small, but quaint -- amazing food and A LOT of it. I had the tilapia and it was cooked perfectly, and included bread, soup, salad and a baked potato. The prices are very reasonable for the amount of food they serve. We'll defintely keep Michael's in mind for future date nights!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Skiprincess10

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Large portions of average food”
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

saturday night dinner with friends was just OK. I ordered the blond cut of Prime Rib. It was huge, but pretty tasteless. The medium rare slab of beef was also tough and hard to cut and chew. I did enjoy the hashbrowns with thier crispy exterior and creamy center. Prior to our entree's we had a huge tray of appitizers that were very good! The green pepper rings were awesome!!
Our experience was also not what it could have been, due to a large table of intoxicated diners. They were so loud it made it hard to carry on a conversation at our table.
All in all, I'm not sure if we will go back.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Fish fry this time, prime rib the next.”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I was visiting some friends in nearby Oconomowoc and wanted to try a Wisconsin fish fry. One of them suggested Michael's House of Prime. I am glad they did. From the outside it doesn't look like much nor does it from the inside. Don't let that dissuade you from visiting this place.

When you enter, there is a giant horseshoe shaped bar and off to the right is the dining room. It's a dimly lit place but to me that's part of the ambience. We were promptly seated and along came our wonderful waitress. I wished I remembered her name so to give her credit here. If she reads this, she is the one who was going to trip me up on the pronunciation of Oconomowoc. Well, we were there for the fish fry and there was fish aplenty.

The choices are bluegill, perch and cod. The cod is all you can eat. You can have your fish fried or broiled. Along with the meals come freshly baked rye rolls, relish tray, coleslaw, potato salad, french fries or potato pancakes. Shortly after we ordered the table started piling up with food and we had yet to get our dinners. The freshly baked rye bread is awesome. I am a lover of rye and this is high quality stuff. It has that good sour taste a good rye possesses. Along came the potato salad, relish tray and slaw. Nothing great but they were good.

Now came the best part of the meal, FISH, and lots of it. My favorite was a tie between the bluegill and perch. The cod was ok but it didn't have the huge flaky quality I am used to in Louisville, KY where I reside. The fries were really good crinkles but the potato pancakes we more like larger hash brown patties one would get at a fast food restaurant.

Overall, a very good meal. Some things (especially the bread, perch and bluegill) stood out and some were ok. Nothing about the meal was bad and when I left I was stuffed and thought I had paid a very fair price for the service and food received.

One last note. I saw someone sitting close to me with a 2-3 inch thick prime rib and the man told me it was absolutely delicious. The next time I visit my friends in Oconomowoc I plan one getting the prime rib at Michael's in Pewaukee,

• Visited January 2012
7 Thank Doogymon
Amphoe Koh Sa-mui, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Best prime rib around”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have been taking my employees to micheals for 3 years now for our thank you -christmas party. Had 17 people there saturday night. Service was awesome and the food always great. This year we let everyone order off the menu. Most took the Prime rib blond cut. Just a huge piece of meat. After the meal I asked my employees what they thought of the meal and place? Because I had read some bad reviews on thi site. They all not only loved the meal, they couldn't believe how much food you get. Soup and salad, dip -cracker tray and hot loafs of bread. All I can say is thanks for such a great meal and service micheals. Keep up the great job. We will be back agian next year. Deer Haven/ Plastic Recovery.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Jeff K
Mequon, WI
“Used to LOVE this place”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Starting to suspect a new chef. We have been coming to Michael's for 6 years, and have NEVER had a bad meal...until last night. Even the hot loaf at the beginning of the meal was different, lousy. Soup was beef burgundy....like a nasty bowl of gravy. They used to have THE best homemade soups in the world!! I had the South African Lobster tail, which is what I always order. It was tough, (overcooked) and tasted oddly fishy in a couple places (too old, not stored properly). I got a rotten baked potato (good thing I looked at the bottom first). VERY disappointed. Met the chef, he is not the same one we met once before. The original owner (Donna) passed away a few years ago, and the quality has slowly been diminishing ever since.

Visited October 2011