“Great food”

Michael's House of Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's House of Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 86 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Price range: US$20 - US$89
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Michaels House of Prime has been a family owned and operated restaurant for over 90 years. While specializing in bringing our diners delicious slow roasted prime rib and mouth watering steaks and seafood, Michael's also delivers on a wonderful Friday Fish Fry and a great variety of appetizers. The changing menu reflects the change in seasons and the availability of produce from area farmers and providers. The bar chefs are constantly creating new drinks to entice you from leaving an old favorite for something new. They also make a wide variety of good old Wisconsin ice cream drinks. Tuesdays is Smokehouse night that along with our full menu the chefs use the backyard smoker to create some wonderful BBQ.
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Very good food, friendly place to go, a little pricey but worth it in the end. Valet parking is a great feature, perfect location right on the lake.

1  Thank Bridget H

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Took our son there for a special occasion a couple of years back. EXCELLENT selection of steaks and seafood. Very well prepared and reasonably priced. Parking is a bit of a pain but they do a good of job of accomodating folks.

Would highly recommend reservations as they get pretty busy.

1  Thank James T J
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The restaurant is small, cozy, warm and represents "supper club" properly. When you sit down the table is adorned with dips for you crackers and breadsticks. We ordered our drinks and looked over the generous menu. It would be impossible to leave this restaurant hungry. They start you off with a soup course, followed by fresh baked bread, then a salad course. I had the honey vinigrette and it was fantastic. I ordered the NY strip medium rare and it was cooked properly and was the "house" portion, which was plenty generous. My wife had tilapia and our friends has the prime rib. All loved their meals. The NY strip came with fried onions and mushrooms and a loaded baked potatoe. We loved the service, the food and the value. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Billy J
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We enjoyed a dinner here Saturday night with friends and enjoyed every moment! The restaurant reminds me of the supper clubs my parents used to take me too, it's small, but quaint -- amazing food and A LOT of it. I had the tilapia and it was cooked perfectly, and included bread, soup, salad and a baked potato. The prices are very reasonable for the amount of food they serve. We'll defintely keep Michael's in mind for future date nights!

2  Thank Skiprincess10
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

saturday night dinner with friends was just OK. I ordered the blond cut of Prime Rib. It was huge, but pretty tasteless. The medium rare slab of beef was also tough and hard to cut and chew. I did enjoy the hashbrowns with thier crispy exterior and creamy center. Prior to our entree's we had a huge tray of appitizers that were very good! The green pepper rings were awesome!!
Our experience was also not what it could have been, due to a large table of intoxicated diners. They were so loud it made it hard to carry on a conversation at our table.
All in all, I'm not sure if we will go back.