“Cozy and Comfy!”
Review of The Dorsey

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Platteville
The Dorsey
Ranked #1 of 2 Platteville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at The Dorsey! Arline was a wonderful hostess, very friendly and helpful. Upon request, she made a low carb breakfast for us. It was delicious, with local fresh eggs, berries, etc. Our room was on the first floor, with a comfy bed and a lovely bathroom. I loved not having a TV in our room, as the hubby always puts sports on! We did have a nice radio, and use of the parlor(s) to hang out in. Lots of fun knick knacks and antique furniture. We were on a college visit and if our son goes to school there, we will be back! We were able to just leave our car at the B and B and just walk everywhere we needed to go!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank llamenda

Reviewed 8 February 2010

An early 1900's house that has been restored to original condition. There are guest rooms on both floors, but I only saw my room on the first floor. The entire downstairs has been lovingly and wonderfully restored to original early 1900's condition with the exception of the downstairs guest bath which was modern, functional and clean with a shower and no tub.

This is one block from the "old" student center and is therefore a very short walk to UWP. Great location. When there in the fall, watch the maple on the corner by the "old" student center - absolutely spectacular knock your socks off color!

Parking is on the road in front. This is a neighborhood populated by UWP professors and is perfectly safe at night. I had absolutely no concern walking the campus and the neighboorhood after midnight.

The yard is English Country Garden Style and to a non-gardener may look a bit unkempt, but it's supposed to be that way.

I stayed for Homecoming 2009 Chemistry Department Reunion. There was no disturbing late night noise.

Arlene was a wonderful host and was wonderfully accomodating. Being a B&B the breakfast was made to order and was very good. Arlene is a local historian and enjoys discussing local and state history, plus about any other topic you wish.

The weather on my visit was quite cold for Oct but the room space heater worked great. I'm not sure about A/C in the summertime. I did note a bit of a musty smell the first time I came in, but because this is a 1900's house and has an older HVAC system that's to be expected. I only noticed the smell once and being raised in a similar type house it was a reminiscent experience and did not cause any allergies.

I will be back and I suggest you stop in for a visit as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo