“Good food. Service was bad”
Review of Take 2 Restaurant - CLOSED

Take 2 Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Eaten here before & food was good but had slow service. Returned today with party of 6 and were told 10 min wait by hostess. While waiting, a 10 table and 2 table entered and were told at least 20 min wait. Both left b/c it was 1 pm. When seated- realized there were only 5 other tables total- 3 were already eating and there were 3 servers (one server had time to check her cell phone repeatedly). Would estimate 85% of the restaurant was empty. The server came to our table and our greeting was her explaining how busy she was. She explained we couldn't order our entrees for 10 min b/c the kitchen was backed up. We ordered our drinks and when she delivered them- we ordered cheese curds for an appetizer. The server responded with "um- can you just enjoy your drinks instead?"- she ended with saying she would put the appetizer order in but had no guarantees. The appetizer actually arrived in good time- we wouldn't have noticed a wait if the server didn't keep bringing it up. She honestly had no sense of customer service. Her communication was very odd and she kept talking about how busy she was. She never treated us like we were the customer or our experience mattered. She volunteered to bring a pitcher of water (so she wouldn't "have to keep running around filling up our glasses" (her quote)) and forgot- we had to ask for it about 15 min later b/c she didn't check on us. She delivered it with an excuse. We wouldn't have minded if the restaurant was actually busy- but we truthfully can't figure out why she kept saying it. When we left- the restaurant had 0 tables.
Advice to the management would be to train staff on customer experience/service and try to never turn away business- especially when there are only 6 total tables. If the kitchen is backed up- a free dessert or drink goes a long way as a gesture of thanks for waiting. I would reevaluate some of the staff- 3 of the people in our group were former waitresses (so we can understand more then usual perhaps)- however our server had no customer service or filter. Would think twice before visiting again b/c twice the customer service was off.

2  Thank kmroot

Reviewed 24 September 2012

When we walked in the restaurant was quiet but found a very personable & friendly waitress to seat us. Our meals had good taste & flavors. My husband had the steak & cheese wrap. My son and I had sandwich's with great flavorful ingredients.(I had the BLT) Our waitress had excellent knowledge of the menu. My husband would recommend the banana cream pie.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

The food was not good. It was bland, greasy, and overpriced for what we got. It took it a while to get to us and the place was pretty empty (should've been a clue to us). I ordered a stuffed brat burger and only ate 1/4 of it. It was so bland and just didn't taste well. The cheese on the top wasn't even melted, it just looked shiny with beads of oil on it (YUCK!) The beef barely soup had a really odd flavor, almost sweet, I took 2 bites of it and stopped for fear it might be rancid or something with such a weird flavor. My husband ordered the Terminator burger and even though it was piled with meat and cheese, he said it just tasted like grease. No flavor. Even the bacon alone didn't have a good smoked flavor, just bland. My son took two bites of his chicken legs and just ate the fries instead. When my husband took a bite of the chicken, he knew why. Again, said it just tasted of odd grease or oil. Maybe because it was fish fry special that night that everything tasted odd. The food was so disappointing. We paid $12.99 for my sandwich, $2 extra dollars for the soup (nothing is included with the sandwiches, you have to even pay extra for fries!) and I ate hardly any of it. The only time I was asked if it was ok was right after it came to the table and I hadn't taken a bite yet. I worked as a waitress and if I came to a table and a person had hardly touched their meal and wasn't asking for a box, I made sure they liked the meal. This didn't happen, we were brought our bill and that was it. I said something when we paid at the counter, but the person didn't say a word. Needless to say we will not return. For the money we spent ($41 with no alcohol or tip) we could've gone to many other area restaurants for a much better meal. Would've given a "0" if that were an option.

1  Thank Jessica218