“No problems on one-night stay”

La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed one night in September 2011 as it was convenient to I-94, Salem, and Racine, Wis. The king-bed rate was $44 through Expedia/Hotwire vs. a rate in the $60+ range with an online coupon.

The room was adequate and seemed reasonably clean. Towels were on the thin side. The free breakfast was not bad for a lower-end motel adjacent to an interstate. It was quiet as there were not many guests on a Thursday night and we were given a room facing trees, not I-94 and parking lot. There is a Walgreens next door and eating establishments not far away.

In summary, no complaints for $44 for one night. This La Quinta seems to have better ratings than the Super 8 next door.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south (towards Illinois) overlook trees, not a brightly lit parking area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HMS46

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Inexpensive to stay there- but nothing to do- no pool-whirlpool. Does have okay breakfast. I would rather pay alittle extra , and stay somewhere nicer. If your looking for somewhere late to just sleep- this is the place. Theres no where close by( walking distance to do).

Room Tip: place to siop late at night to sleep
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank karyn k
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We had reserved 5 nights at this hotel for a vacation and had requested a refrigerator in our room. We made the reservation a month in advance to make sure we would get one because we knew we would be buying food and bringing back leftovers. I called a few days in advance of our arrival to confirm our request one more time and let them know this was critical to our stay. When we checked in, there was no fridge in our room and we were told that we wouldn't be getting one at any point during our stay and that they were given out first come first serve so even though we requested it well in advance, we were out of luck. I asked if a manager was available and was told he wasn't. I asked if we could call him in hopes of working something out, but I was told we could not. The front desk clerk made no attempt whatsoever to try to work with us or to not lose our business. The one thing we were able to get was a phone book so we could call other area hotels and make a reservation elsewhere. We ended up spending an extra $160 to stay at another hotel AND our funds were tied up for 5 days because our cards had already been run at LaQuinta. Had we been told right when we arrived that we would not get our fridge, we wouldn't have even checked in at all. We have stayed here in the past and it was like pulling teeth to get a fridge then too. Even smaller chains and more economy chains provide fridges in every room these days. It's time for LaQuinta to get with the program. They lost over $500 worth of business that week and any future business we would have given them!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time making special requests.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The day before we arrived, I called to see if they had refrigerators. I was told by Nick that they had some, and the charge was $10. I asked if that was for the stay or per night, he asked how many nights we were staying, and I replied - 4. He said there would be no extra charge for us. When I arrived at the hotel, he was working, and immediately recognized my name. He had the room ready with the refrigerator already there. The whole weekend was like this. Anytime we needed something, it was taken care of immediately. The staff was very friendly and courteous. My only complaint is the morning breakfasts at these 2 start hotels never have any fruit. There were apples and that was it. Oranges and bananas would have been really nice. Otherwise, the breakfast was very nice, nothing hot, but a good selection of cereals, rolls, bagels, yogurts and hard boiled eggs. Plenty of juice and coffee too. The room was clean, towels were plentiful. Everyday when we returned to our room after being gone most of the day, the bed was already made, and towels replaced.
I love to stay at LaQuinta because it has a good solid reputation no matter where you stay. I will stay here again when we return to Kenosha.

Room Tip: Bring your own fruit for the breakfasts!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed here one night and was very pleased. It was clean, quiet comfortable and reasonably priced. Great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My girlfriend is going to school in the Kenosha area, so I end up driving out there pretty often. I've always been happy with the La Quinta in Pleasant Prairie. It's a decent hotel, about what you'd expect for the price. My room has always been clean, never had an issue with noise from trucks/partiers or smoke smell (which I'm usually pretty sensitive to), and the staff have always been extremely helpful and accommodating. The free breakfast is a little lax but not too shabby. The free WiFi is fast, and they have comfortable beds a decent rewards program. All in all, a great place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one week in a ground floor room, which we chose due to a physical handicap. There is no elevator to the floor above. Our room was clean and comfortable enough and we never heard any traffic outside because the fan of the room heater masked it. Noise from the room above ours, however, made it impossible to get much sleep at nights. Apparently, there is little to no sound insulation between floors and our upstairs neighbors were either throwing bodies around or letting their children leap onto the floor from the beds. (Earplugs didn't help.) On our third day I asked the front desk clerk when the people upstairs would be leaving. When I was told it was to be that very day, I didn't request another room. The upstairs group did not leave until the following day, which meant another sleepless night for my husband and me as these people romped around their room in the wee hours. Anyway, after they left we did get one quiet night but then a new party moved into the room above, not quite as loud or persistent as the first group but still waking us up several times a night for the remainder of our stay. Surprisingly, we rarely heard any noise from either of the filled rooms adjacent to ours. In fact, the only problem we encountered with the ground floor guests was the fact that people tend to smoke in the hallways, making for an unpleasant passageway.

Overall, the staff of this hotel was friendly and accommodating. Our room was always kept clean and supplied. Upon request we were given two extra pillows to supplement the overly soft ones. Towels are minimal in size and number, but adequate for two people. The continental breakfast fare is typical high carb, but it is kept well stocked and seemed to satisfy most guests. Because we prefer more variety, after the first morning my husband and I drove to a nearby restaurant for our morning meals instead. (IHOP is better than Perkins, though Frank's Diner downtown has them both beat -- if you can get a table and tolerate an hour wait for your food.) There is also a huge Woodman's grocery store close to the hotel at which one can purchase a large variety of ready to eat fruits and veggies.

Would we stay at this hotel again? Probably not. But if you are handicap-free and don't mind schlepping your luggage and tired body to the second floor, it would probably be a good choice for a basic, clean and friendly accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank MerryPotter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
#4 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!