“Nice lunch”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Soup, salad, breadsticks lunch still only $6.95. Service was nice. We always enjoy ourselves. The new berry came dessert could have been thawed better as the berries were still frozen. Will not order again.

1  Thank Amanda M

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Olive Garden is a good place to go with friends in general; usually lots of room and big tables/booths. And, if you are GF or married to someone that is, you will really appreciate the GF menu which includes pasta. Huge helping of calimari to start off dinner, 20 ounce beers if you are a beer drinker or 8 ounce wine glasses if you like wine. Each of us had something different and all was great. 2 of us had seafood; I had mine with pasta...exquisite. Daughter had seafood in clear broth and she loved it. Don't know what the other two ate as I was concentrating on my meal and talking but they loved it. Only one glitch; brought my wife salad with crutons which of course is not GF....but they replaced it quickly. Everyone at the place seemed very happy; a great atmosphere to eat in!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I think the food is good, but they do not give you as much food as they used to. It is quite expensive for what you get. I like the Olive Garden decor better in Racine, not Kenosha, but Racine is a 30 minute drive. Be sure to ask that your lasagna is a "normal" size....they gave me a small lunch size when I ordered dinner. The waitress/waiters are nice, but like any restaurant they can get busy so it is nice to have those "second" waitresses helping them out. The management is really nice...especially the one from the South(if he is still there). Maybe it's just the Southern accent, but when he talks, it makes you feel very welcomed to Olive Garden. Just something about that Southern accent makes you feel at home. All in all, it is a fine place. Be sure to tell the management if anything goes wrong or not up to your expectation, I am sure they will take care of it for you.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Olive Garden has always had good food and USUALLY good service, but, keep in mind, it is NOT truely Italian Food. It is a variation of some Italian dishes but by no means AUTHENTIC. So, If you like alot of salad and breadsticks before your meal, it is a great place to go. Just don't ever order Pizza or expect their Lasagna or Marinera sauces to be anything more than what you get out of a jar.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

And then you leave bummed out... Olive Garden is a chain and I get that. I suppose if I lived in Iowa or Nebraska Olive Garden would be amazing Italian food. But this is Kenosha, and we have lots of amazing Italian food. So like I told my daughter as we went in there are times where you crave Taco Bell but understand it is not real Mexican food, its the same thing with Olive Garden. With that said I had two visits in a month, and each visit had pros and cons. The PROS are the Chicken Gnocci soup (which was the craving that led to the second visit.) As well as the Risotto balls (also known as Arancini.) Actually I like alot of their appetizers (mostly frozen and then fried but sometimes you just want them...) I love the giant glasses of water with lots of lemon if you ask and that they also have Coke products. Their servers are attentive and get you more before you run out. Their salad is good too. I love their alfredo although what I make at home is probably the equivalent although about 8 bucks cheaper but sometimes you just cave. The Steak Gorgonzola is pretty satisfying as well as the Chicken Marsala but deep down I know these are just microwaved meals. Which leads me to the CONS. These meals are pre-prepared thats why they hate substitutions. And I HATE sun-dried tomatoes and I swear half their menu has sun dried tomatoes. I love their Smoked Mozz. Chicken but it has those stupid tomatoes. I made the mistake of having their lunch sandwich of fried shrimp and when I saw in the menu a sauce was on the sandwich I figured smeared on the bread like mayo would be but I was wrong- the shrimp were coated in this nasty lemon sauce. WHY would you soak fried shrimp?! It made the breading mushy. I should have had the meatball sandwich- at least that one was pictured on the menu. The cost is what makes me sad at the end of the meal. For what it is, it should not cost so much but then I guess it would be Fazoli's (double ick.)