“Clean, updated and great staff..”

Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Stayed at this location on business trip, finding the staff very friendly and helpful from arrival through to departure. I enjoyed the hospitality night on the Wednesday I was there from 5-7 as the cold beer and munchies went down nicely after a long 7 hour drive to get to this hotel from Canada. Area restaurants were within a decent walking distance, while the pool area was very clean, and the pool a great size for doing lengths. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, with both hard and soft pillows, great mattress and a large TV. The breakfast the next morning was one of the best I've ever had for a continental breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, AMAZING cinnamon buns etc. I also enjoyed the free internet access and free phone calls from the room. Overall a great hotel, which I would definately recommend !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie

Reviewed 6 February 2011

The single king room we reserved wasn't available when we arrived so we were given a double queen room which was disappointing but not a major issue. Other than that the room was very spacious, comfortable, and clean. My only complaint on the room is that there didn't seem to be any possible way to switch the input on the TV away from regular channels so that we could watch a movie on the DVD player we brought along. The TV just seemed to be locked down completely by LodgeNet or whatever it is that is taking over the thing. Moving onto other things besides the room I can say that the hotel is set up nicely and staff were very friendly even though the lady at the counter couldn't recommend us a place to eat next to the lake. The free breakfast was absolutely horrible and not what I remember it being at the last Holiday Inn I stayed at. After a bite of the cinnamon roll and eggs I moved onto just cereal, milk, and fruit and skipped it all together the following mornings. I personally wouldn't stay here again because I like the free breakfast to be edible and typically do bring my own movies and DVD player but for other people these may be non issues.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This hotel was a big surprise as I was used to the old Holiday Inns which were just okay.
The service was exceptional at the front desk. Each person was nicer than the last one and they arranged for me to get my room earlier than expected, gave great directions and volunteered to print my plane boarding pass. Room was clean and had a king size bed, desk, refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. It had a flat screen TV. I'd certainly stay again and it was a good value.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The front desk staff went above and beyond in making our stay a great experience. They even helped in advising of area attractions and coupons.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Jennifer, at the desk, and Mike who seemed to work everywhere makes this hotel what it is; clean, pleasant and enjoyable. The hotel itself is very, very clean. The location for us is ideal as it is not sitting on a busy interstate. The lovely location offers somewhat of a country setting. Accessibility to this hotel couldn't be any easier. The hotel smells fresh and clean. But it goes back to the people working there that make this a 5 star rating. ALL the staff are top notched. Jennifer and Mike are the top two.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We booked for a wedding event and at a pre-arranged room rate did not expect much of our room. We were very pleased to find a large, suite with wet bar in what appears to be a quite new hotel. The staff was very helpful at the front desk and knew exactly what the pickup times were for the shuttle bus to the wedding.
The next morning we got downstairs to the lobby/breakfast area just at the cut-off time, so we just grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down. That's when we were approached by the worker in that area, Mike Sabah. Mike explained that he had some biscuits, sausage and gravy left, but no eggs, and offered to bring us a plate. We told him what we would like, and when he returned with our plates, he also offered us yougurt, juice or milk. Mind you, this is not a restaurant and he had been cleaning up when we arrived! Mike really topped off our stay with his outstanding customer service!
I give Mike Sabah and this location 5 stars!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I arrived late in the evening without a reservation and the desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating.

Unlike many chain hotels near Interstate highways, this was a mile or so away from the highway and about two blocks off the main street leading to the hotel, on a quiet side street. There was no traffic noise.

The room (an upgrade offered by the desk clerk), was spacious and clean. (See photos)

The free breakfast bar had your standard fare--scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, fruit, cereal, etc.

I was visiting family in the area and I would definitely return to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!