“Good location and nice size rooms”

Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I always try to stay at a Holiday Inn and this place had some pros but also had some cons. The problem areas I noted was the hair on the shower walls and the lack of customer service during check-in. Breakfast starts at 6:30, well my co-worker and I had to be on the road the following morning before then (6:20) We asked if we could grab something easy for the road as they started to set up but the hotel attendant said no. I had stayed at other Holiday Inns in which the staff would prepare a breakfast bag for those who would checkout before breakfast.
Pros were the gym and nice sized rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal Holiday Inn Express guest. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, we sincerely apologize that your recent stay was not up to the HIEX standard. We do hope that you give us a chance to reaffirm your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

When I arrived on Monday June 24th an employee who was managing the checkins was no where to be found. There was someone who was there before me who had been there for 10 minutes trying to get someone to come. 20 minutes later after repeated phone calls to the desk ringing of bells and loud talking the employee comes out of the back area very groggy. In answering calls he said your call is important to me can I call you back in 20 minutes. Needless to say most people were just hanging up on him when he was trying to check me in. Other than that and their not being any weights in the weight room when they said there was it was a good stay. The pool was in espcially good shape. TV was good in the room and turned. The fridge although it froze some of my items it's layout allowed me to hold quite a bit of food in there. I would definitely reccommend and come back to this Holiday inn express.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for your recent travels. While I am happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies for any inconvience you may have encountered upon checking in. We look forward to to an opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express for over a week now and am extremely satisfied. A group of us are up here for two weeks to help out another facility that fell behind and I could not be more pleased with the hotel they chose for us. The hotel staff is very friendly and have answered all my questions, including good local restaurants to hit up around town. My room has a large flat screen T.V., king size bed couch, coffee table, desk, sink (not the bathroom) microwave, large mini-fridge, and a spacious bathroom with lots of counter space.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while here at the Holiday Inn Express with TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Pleasant Prairie WI for four nights while in town for a family wedding. The beds were very comfortable, and we heard very little noise at night. The room was clean, comfortable and well decorated. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and everyone was smiling! Linda at the front desk was very helpful, and personable. By the time we left we felt very much at home! Great place to stay! We will stay there again the next time we visit our children and grandchildren in Kenosha and Racine!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff . They are all truely an assett to our property. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received. And we anticipate your return trip to the Kenosha area.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were in town for a graduation and enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean and great customer service! I really liked that the room came standard with a sink, fridge and microwave. It also was nice having the extra bedding. As I'm one to get cold easy. The bed was very comfortable. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank worldwidetraveler29

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Holiday Inn Express on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed our facilities and the amenities we provide to all our guests.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The hotel is consistently excellent. The hotel staff is always cheerful and willing to accomodate any reasonable request.
I also used the exercise room. It has two nice treadmills, a recumbent bike and an elliptical machine. They are top-of-the-line equipment and easy to use.
The only complaint I can think of is that many young children were also staying here and used the hallway early in the morning (7:30) as a playground.

Room Tip: The third floor has a laundry room instead of ice machine/vending. So pick a floor that has the ser...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bruce C
Dawn M, Assistat General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read you have been treated well during your stays at the Holiday Inn Express. I would also like to thank you for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have to say for a hotel it was a great experience. My mom, I and my sister went to Pleasant Prairie to go shopping for the weekend and we left friday april 12 and returned home april 14th and i had an amazing time. The hospitality was great and the breakfast buffet was really Great!! the only thing i wish they had was either a dvd or vcr player along with earplugs for sleeping but didnt spend too much time in the room anyways. The room was great for the price, with One King Bed and a Sofa Sleeper, it was pretty nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruhland22
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read you were treated well during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your review. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Kenosha, WI
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
2 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!