“Great Place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. Very spacious room, super King size bed, typical sofa sleeper.
The kitchenette was great. Even had cupboard for storing dry/ canned foods.
Stayed on 2nd floor, room was quiet. Had trouble with TV remote, didn't work most of the time . We weren't in room enough to call front desk about it.
Great location to shopping / food areas and Rec Plex.
Ice machine only on 2nd floor, broke 2nd day. Staff was helpful and let me use ice machine in kitchen. Would stay again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here at our Hotel. We truely appreciate your kind words in regards to our property and especially our staff. We hope for your next event in the Kenosha area we are able to welcome you back!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Our family enjoyed our stay in early March. Our room was spacious, facility was clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful... and very patient on the phone. The hospitality breakfast area was large with plenty of seating, and the hostess and host were friendly and kept things clean and well stocked. We would stay here again and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with us and that our facilities and staff ensured your stay was comfortable. We certainly look forward to welcoming yu in the future.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I want to rate this place higher because it is a nice place. Mostly a very good and helpful staff. The hotel is in very nice condition, certainly above average for Holiday inns, and I do over 225 nights a year in them. Service, beds, rooms in general are all above average. The one thing that is driving me nuts is the internet! The speeds are slow to begin with (about 1.0Gb/s at best) but also keeps losing internet connection. Not disconnecting from their network, it still has a full strength signal/connection but their network continually loses internet connect. It can take several min. before it returns and it probably happens 15 times/night. When it is working, the connection is slow enough that you can't watch even 480p video on youtube without stopping it and letting it buffer first.

So, good hotel, good service and people but all to common POOR internet. I am really aggravated with how bad the internet is at most Holiday Inn's. Some are actually worse than this but it is RARE that any are good. I'm probably switching the Hampton's and see if they are better on average as it's important to me. Of course this may be a non issue for some people which is why I detail/explain the situation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Holiday Inn Express Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie. While I am happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies that you had such a problem with our interent. I have since contacted our Internet provider to try to correct any problems we may be having, and to increase our speed for our business travelers. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I reviewed many other hotels in the area on TripAdvisor before choosing this one. Sure, it's located a couple miles east off of Interstate 94 but well worth the few extra minutes of travel ! It's just south of Highway 50 on 94th Avenue in a quiet, safe area that is well lit at night. Besides the front desk, entry into the building otherwise must be made by guest room keys 24 hours a day. That's a plus for security I rarely see when traveling! There are several strip malls very close by (west and east on Highway 50 to the north of the hotel) with easy access if that's one of your pleasures while staying here.
I called the hotel directly and booked a 2 Queen bed room for one night's stay for 4 adults. We travel frequently, and calling any hotel directly has always been the best way to book a room for any length of stay and gets the best results. May I recommend that you reading this do the same.
Our room was clean and comfortable and up to date. TV's are large screen flat panel with many channels in HD and a good selection to choose from.
The room's floor plan layout made for plenty of room to navigate around freely, so was pleasantly surprised when checking in.
Bed's were comfortable and we all slept well. Bathtub/shower combination was clean and worked fine, and was properly stocked with wash cloths, hand and bath towels for 4. It's nice after a long trip to find your requested room properly stocked with the correct amount of bathroom utilities.
The breakfast was AWESOME for a Holiday Inn Express! A lady named Debbie takes care of the breakfast area and is very attentive to keeping the food and drink items available well stocked. The hotel was at least 50% occupied the prior night and she did an exceptional job of keeping the breakfast area clean as well. We didn't feel any pressure to hurry-up and eat and vacate the breakfast area like some hotel's we have stayed at. Everything went smoothly, and the noise level was pleasant as well.
I always critique properties we stay at closely for the value I'm paying for.
Overall, we agreed that this hotel meets TripAdvisor's 5 star rating for excellency. As a frequent traveler and TripAdvisor user, may I highly recommend this hotel when needing lodging in the Pleasant Prairie/Kenosha Wisconsin area. This is a jewel you will want to experience and not pass up.
Thanks again to the staff there for a courteous, pleasant experience with an exceptional breakfast! The hospitality was appreciated!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Greg727
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor. Debbie is a great asset to our team, and I thankyou for your kind words for our staff. I look forward to an oppurtunity to welcome your return in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I moved here from another property( candlewood suites) for the last few nights of my business.
This property is clean and the staff is respectful. I felt like I was in a whole new place.

Rooms were clean, I felt safe in the hotel, other guests were respectful, and no construction workers . Yea!

I highly recommend this hotel especially for business travelers. I will stay here again if I return.
Lesson Learned!

Also, Free breakfast was great. Many choices for all tastes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and our facility. We are glad you felt safe and secure while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you when traveling to the Kenosha area.
Madison, WI
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Exactly what I have come to expect from this chain. Hotel is clean, safe, comfortable with VERY nice people working there. Rooms have work spaces and internet. Beds are comfortable. Hotel inside and out is spotless, with nice Halloween decorations right now! Right next to St. Catherine's hospital; right off the interstate (I 94 and Route 50). Lots of restaurants nearby. Will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay while staying with us. And also taking the time to mention our Halloween Decorations. Our staff decorator did a fine job this year. We hope to see you again while visiting the Kenosha area.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 September 2013

For the past 9 years, the high school cross country teams that I coach compete at a meet at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. We always stay at the same hotel , the Holiday Inn Express. Our loyalty is based on great service and great facilities. The staff goes out of its way to accommodate our stay, performing services on their own initiative without waiting for management's permission. They open breakfast a half hour early to support our schedule. They're responsive to our changes. The facilities our great. The hotel has an indoor pool and a hot tub that becomes the center of the team's evening activities. The rooms are large and comfortable. The hotel is convenient to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: We were satisfied with all the 15 rooms that we stayed in.