I find it hard to believe that this is the "best" place to stay in the Kenosha area . . .if so, how sad! I can't believe I just paid $150 to stay here!
When I made my way up to the desk, the front desk clerk was dressed in a tee-shirt and he was shouted instructions from a woman's voice behind a wall. The clerk never made eye contact with me and finally handed me my keys and room number, with no direction of where to go.
The room was small and outdated, with dark cabinets and faded pictures. All rooms where supposed to be "suites, " however, there was little more space than any standard hotel room. I didn't feel like the rooms were overly clean and there were hairs left around the bathroom sink.
The beds were uncomfortable with hard, eneven mattresses. The sheets were thin and blankets were the foam kind.
There seemed to be a lot of families with younger kids checking in, so I was surprised not to hear any hallway/ other room noise. There were many available channels on the TV to select from.
Breakfast was fair. There was over-cooked scrambled eggs, super-spicy sausage, cereal, yogurt, toasts, juice, coffee/ tea. There was only one flavor of tea remaining and three empty boxes. I asked the kind looking, older gentleman if he had more tea and he snapped, "I told you, we don't have any more here, got it!" I'm not sure if he had me confused with some other demanding tea drinker, but the dining room definitely lacks taste AND hospitality!
Checkout was as unfriendly as check-in. No one asked about my stay or even uttered a simple "Good Morning!" Maybe when they convert to Holiday Inn Express there will be basic training in how to treat guests. I would not recommend this hotel for the inflated room rates charged!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pleasant Prairie / Kenosha Wisconsin. We are an all suite hotel in the Kenosha area that offers comfortable living in 81 newly studio styled rooms. Guest greet the morning with our complimentary hot Express Start breakfast bar with local hot items. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pleasant Prairie / Kenosha Wisconsin is centrally located between Chicago and Milwaukee and only a short drive to the Great Lakes Training Naval Base, Six Flags Great America, Prime Outlet Mall, Jelly Belly Factory Gurnee Mills and corporations such as b>Snap On Headquarters, Jockey International, Daimler Chrysler/b> Ocean Spray. Yamaha Motor Midwest Headquarters, Permacel / Nitto America, Rust-Oleum, Hospira, Volkswagen of America, SuperValu and many Racine companies just a short 10 minute drive north. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pleasant Prairie / Kenosha is the perfect hotel to stay when visiting the Kenosha, Pleasant Prairie,, Lake Geneva, Racine or Gurnee Illinois area. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pleasant Prairie / Kenosha features the largest area indoor heated pool, hot tub and fitness center. We also have a large meeting room with a capacity of 50 for meetings, seminars and social events. Pets are not allowed, please read pet policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie Hotel Pleasant Prairie
- Holiday Inn Pleasant Prairie
- Pleasant Prairie Holiday Inn