“Kenosha has to have better!”

Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Madison, WI
“Kenosha has to have better!”
Reviewed 8 August 2005

I find it hard to believe that this is the "best" place to stay in the Kenosha area . . .if so, how sad! I can't believe I just paid $150 to stay here!

When I made my way up to the desk, the front desk clerk was dressed in a tee-shirt and he was shouted instructions from a woman's voice behind a wall. The clerk never made eye contact with me and finally handed me my keys and room number, with no direction of where to go.

The room was small and outdated, with dark cabinets and faded pictures. All rooms where supposed to be "suites, " however, there was little more space than any standard hotel room. I didn't feel like the rooms were overly clean and there were hairs left around the bathroom sink.

The beds were uncomfortable with hard, eneven mattresses. The sheets were thin and blankets were the foam kind.

There seemed to be a lot of families with younger kids checking in, so I was surprised not to hear any hallway/ other room noise. There were many available channels on the TV to select from.

Breakfast was fair. There was over-cooked scrambled eggs, super-spicy sausage, cereal, yogurt, toasts, juice, coffee/ tea. There was only one flavor of tea remaining and three empty boxes. I asked the kind looking, older gentleman if he had more tea and he snapped, "I told you, we don't have any more here, got it!" I'm not sure if he had me confused with some other demanding tea drinker, but the dining room definitely lacks taste AND hospitality!

Checkout was as unfriendly as check-in. No one asked about my stay or even uttered a simple "Good Morning!" Maybe when they convert to Holiday Inn Express there will be basic training in how to treat guests. I would not recommend this hotel for the inflated room rates charged!

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank rran2go

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ohio
Reviewed 30 March 2005

Upon leaving for Kenosha, I didn't know what I was in for when reserving this room from Hawthorne. I did check on this site numerous times, and this, (according to many of the reviewers), was one of the top hotels. Initially, my husband was going to book us at the Holiday Inn, but I had already reserved at Hawthorne. He was very impressed when we pulled in to the driveway. We were 2 adults in the midst of 3 children all under the age of 12. We stayed in the Queen Studio Suite. I would've perferred the Deluxe Queen Suite , but they dont' have that at this location. This suite had a nice little kitchenette (microwave, sink, mini-fridge, coffee maker). It had a sofa sleeper and a queen size bed. The furniture was rich in cherry wood. We received a USA Today newspaper Mon - Fri for free, and there was a complimentary social event thru the week between 5 and 7pm with hor'dorves. All in all, this was a very comfortable stay for a family of 5. And the free breakfast was ok -- not great.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank islandaddict
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 September 2003

If you are in town for business, this is the best hotel to stay at. It has a very convenient location for finding food and any supplies you may need. The staff was great, and the rooms were better than most of the hotels I stay at. It was equipped with a kitchenette, sofa and desk. I would definitely stay here again!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2003

This hotel is very clean, in great shape, has a very friendly, helpful staff, and the pool is great. This is a very good hotel.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!