We stayed here for 2 nights in July 2013. I'll start with the positive. It's in a great location. Right of the interstate, easy to get to and there are lots of restaurants right near by (even within walking distance). The bed was fairly comfortable.
Now for the bad. This place is filthy. Not just a little dirty...it's disgusting. We checked in and were given a room on the 3rd floor. It smelled awful...like smoke, wet dog and mildew. The bathroom in this room was horrible. The tub had black mold all around it. The shower head was hanging off the wall.
We asked to be moved to a "renovated" room and got a new room on the 2nd floor. By renovated, I mean a fresh coat of paint and a flat screen tv. This room didn't smell nearly as bad, but it was still in terrible shape. The bedding (blankets and comforters) had cigarette burns in them. The were filthy...food stains all over them. The furniture is in terrible condition, drawers don't fully close, hanging half open. The surfaces of the furniture were sticky, didn't appear to have been cleaned or wiped down. The pictures above the bed were covered in what appeared to be a sticky substance and the same sticky substance was smeared on one of the headboards. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, but not the cleanest. They don't have a frame for the beds, just some sort of plywood nailed together. The box springs are stained and just nasty looking. The carpet was full of stains and there were food crumbs everywhere.
I can't comment on the breakfast...there was no way was I eating food prepared in this place. I looked in and it was very small, right next to all the construction. The front desk staff was pleasant. I feel bad for them, because they have to deal with unhappy customers all the time. It's got to be tiring for them.
They are in the process of remodeling all the rooms, but that's not going to make a difference. I would NEVER stay here again and don't recommend that anyone even consider staying here. It has to be the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated. New soft but firm beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Kenosha / Pleasant Prairie Hotel Pleasant Prairie
- Super 8 Pleasant Prairie
- Super Eight Pleasant Prairie
- Pleasant Prairie Super 8
- Pleasant Prairie Super Eight