“Did not have a pleasant stay at this motel--Questionable if...”

Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
Reviewed 6 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
John F, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice, and have appreciated how inexpensive it is---both times it was an unexpected stay---and convenient---literally walking distance from the interstate. Other than that, there's not much to recommend it. It's clean enough on the surface, but during the last stay, I found a big, icky stain on a bedspread---we slept in the OTHER bed. The bathroom was clean, but smelled a little stale, as did the hallway. The breakfast area is small and provide sparse breakfast---but I only have coffee anyway. IF you're looking for anything other than just a basic place to sleep, shower and then move on, this place will meet your needs. If you're hoping for something a little nicer, there are lots of other choices in the immediate area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
John F, General Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make our team aware of the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your experiences are not typical for our hotel.
I have shared your comments with the entire management team so that we may look further into the concerns you had while at our property.

Please allow me the opportunity to personally speak to you to apologize and discuss what we can do to make things right and not lose you as one of your loyal guests.
I can be contacted at johnf.super8@gmail.com.
I look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to properly serve you.

Apologetically,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice staff, comfortable beds, and location, but that is where it ends. I truly believe they save their worst rooms for those of us who book on Hotels.com, travelocity, etc. There was dried something on the rug between the beds. the furniture was marred and old. The bathroom sink had just a barely painted wooden board around it, the floor was cracked in at least 3 places, the painter never cleaned up after him/herself, the bathtub was thin plastic that creaked with every move. The hairdryer did not turn on and the drinking cups were unwrapped and looked dirty. There was only vending in the breakfast room on the first floor. The main room door would not close properly unless slammed.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
John F, General Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Our hotel is under new management and we are taking the appropriate steps to provide our guests with excellent accommodations and service. I have personally addressed the cleanliness issue with our staff. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our hotel with guests and want you to walk out the door feeling satisfied with your stay.

If you decided to stay with us again I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
John F, General Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here returning from Michigan for one night. The front desk clerk at check in was very friendly (I forgot his name) and matched a price I found online. He was friendly, helpful, and apologized for not having rooms on the first floor. There are no elevators and only one set of steps to get to the second floor, so that is the only negative I could think of. The hallways had a hint of smoke, but our room was very clean and smoke free. The beds were extremely comfortable and had down comforters - very nice for a Super 8 motel. When we only had a couple of bath towels, I asked the front desk for more and he was more than happy to retrieve as many as I needed - I only asked for an additional 2 towels. The location was great as well - cloes to restaurants, gas stations and the highway. Even with the construction on 94 the hotel was easy to find. The breakfast provided in the morning was ok - great for being free so can't complain too much. The only options are cereal, waffles and toast so if you want more than that it may not fill you up. The clerk in the morning seemed irritated with other guests in the breakfast room however when I went to check out she was very nice to me and even suggested to let the car run a bit since it was so cold out. Check out was really quick and no problems at all. Will definitely use this as an option in the future - especially since they are about 40-50% cheaper then other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you can't use steps be sure to call ahead to reserve a first floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
John F, Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I am pleased to read that myself and our staff members were very accomodating to you and your group. It is our goal to make sure your stay is enjoyable and memorable. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again the next rime you find yourself in the Kenosha area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

One of the worst hotel stays we have ever had. Very glad we did not pay money for the room but redeemed credit card rewards points. Still feel we were cheated. Paper thin walls, Had to call the front desk at 2am to report someone screaming down the hall. Reserved the room for 4 adults and only had 2 bath towels. Non-smoking room and I found a half smoked cigarette on the floor by the headboard. Stains on the bed cover.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I can be contacted at johnf.super8@gmail.com.

Apologetically,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha

Been to Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!