“Basic necessities were covered”

Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Basic necessities were covered”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The facility was nice enough. Clean modest room. No refer or micro in the room. :( Unsure if there was an elevator?? The staff was more than friendly and pleasant to deal with. The breakfast was typical, nothing notable but adequate. The hotels book up early in this area and this hotel was not my "first" choice. But, it wasn't unpleasant.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator available. If you have an aversion to walking up stairs request a first...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John F, Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear wiwench,

Thank you for your review! I will certainly share with our staff! They love our guest comments too. Happy travels and hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Danville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The kids were happy with the flat screen television. I could see improvements like fresh paint and newer hardwood looking floors in the room. Fixtures dated and chipped but service and employees very helpful and friendly. Construction on the roads around the hotel made it a bit of a pain to navigate but worth the effort.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank buffykoske
Dear buffykoske

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Please let us know the next time you plan on coming to the area, and we will take great care of you once again!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed at this location three times now, all to come out and visit the local renaissance faire. Each time, the quality and the maintenance of this place seems to have gotten worse and worse. Broken door latches - to the point that we could barely enter the room, and there was no way to fully shut the bathroom door, noisy tub basins, sink faucet almost impossible to turn on, a/c wouldn't stay turned on, broken toilet lid.... just overall feels very run down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Heather L

Thank you for your response about your recent stay with us. I would like to again restate that I will make sure all the problems you stated above are handled with our maintenance staff immediately and I hope we may have the opportunity in the future to give you an exceptional experience!

Travellers are raving about these Pleasant Prairie hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 2 times when in pleasant prairie when I participate in triathlons. The first one was ok. But the last two stays have been everything I could ask for. John the Manager especially. I would have to say he's one of the best highlights of the hotel. He organized having the breakfast set up early at 4:00am so us runners could get a bite to eat before leaving at 5am. Also gave us bottles of waters complimentary. Even remembered my husbands name and asked how his surgery went from previous stay. He is what keeps loyalty with customers and his staff really know what hospitality is. I read these other comments from others and do not understand what they are talking about. It is not a luxury hotel, but they serve all my needs. They have a decent breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, good staff and clean rooms with comfortable beds. It meets more than what I payed for the room. Service is KEY, Its affordable and good service, what more can I ask for. Once again I would like to thank John and his staff, you have earned a loyal customer, See you next Triathlon.

Room Tip: 1st Floor rooms are good if you prefer laminate flooring, second and third floor is carpet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Stefanie M
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Our entire staff takes pride in our establishment. All of our departments, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and management know that our guests satisfaction is our number one priority. This is why we appreciate or guests comments, they let us know our hard work is paying off and also where we need to make any improvements. Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again.
Bluffton, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed due to Wyndham Rewards and once again I am reminded that this program has no quality control. With a property like this your expectations are not high but a dirty laminate floor that has water coming up from under really makes you nervous - first level room. Repeated requests to address the situation did not result in any action. Bed springs so noisy that rolling over wakes you. All in all I would say this place survives on location and truckers.

• Stayed July 2014
Mr. RWM72942

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff and invite you to contact me directly to discuss the remainder of the points you made during your posting of our hotel.

While we encourage and love reviews, it doesn't provide the details that I would need to easily figure out which room you were in to address the items mentioned and correct.

I apologize for your experience during your stay, and look forward to hearing from you.

Steger
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Probably one of my worst hotel stays. No one was at the desk when I checked in. Room was REALLY shabby. If I had never stayed at a Super 8 before, I probably would never use this chain again. There were no directions for the coffee maker. The room was fairly clean but very dowdy. The bed was comfortable but only two pillows were offered. I don't know if the property had free breakfast because it was not offered to us. Nothing was said by the desk clerk about any available amenities. The shower rod was broken so the curtain didn't close and kept falling into the middle. Housekeeping started vacuuming outside our room before 9a.m. Only two bath towels were provided. Whoever painted the bathroom shouldn't have been paid because there was paint all over the door frame. Really a huge disappointment from Super 8.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John F, Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concerns with the recent stay you had at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for all the inconveniences that you encountered with your in room and service.

I am so sorry that my staff did not go out of their way to assist you and make you feel that we did what we could to make your stay better. I will be working with my staff to make sure that we are always going above and beyond for our guests.

I do hope that you come back to see us so that we can give you the superior service that you deserve.

Warm Regards,

John Franco

Manager
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This could have been a 2 star review based on the first room we were assigned when we visited recently. My wife and I checked in on a Monday night at the end of June before heading into Chicago the next morning. Our first room was on the second floor near the front desk and it was really bad. The carpets were stained and felt damp and sticky and the room could not have been cleaned recently based on the bits and pieces of paper on the carpets, and the dirty tub and toilet. We immediately headed back downstairs and requested an alternate room, which was graciously provided to us. We were given room 118, which had been recently renovated with dark hardwood style laminate floors and updated decor. The room was significantly nicer and had been well cleaned. There was a new flat screen TV wall mounted, the wifi worked well, and the bed was firm but comfortable. It was really stormy but we didn't notice much noise through the night. The breakfast was par for the course. An added customer service bonus was that my wife forgot her down pillow in the room and they held it for us until we passed back through at the end of the week in Chicago. Overall, this was a pretty nice Super 8 stay for us, but it could have easily been a poor review had we been stuck in the first room we were given.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wadie1979,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Super 8 Pleasant Prairie. I apologize that your view was less than favorable in the first room, However we are delighted you enjoyed our new renovated room, we do try hard and are in the process of upgrading all the rooms soon.

I certainly appreciate the feed back as this is the only way to improve experiences in the future.

Warm Regards,

John Franco

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside

Been to Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!