“Good price but the food and service is a hit or miss.”
Review of Golden Corral

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Corral
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Plover
Cuisines: American
“Good price but the food and service is a hit or miss.”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have eaten here before and figured we could go today since it has been awhile since we have eaten here. The price is good for the variety and amount of food you receive plus the free drink refills. Our server today Sara did not seem very happy to be there, she never even approached us when we first sat down to introduce herself like they normaly due, she just looked at us and walked right past. The food was good, but use to be a little better then what it is now. The price isn't too bad, I would recommend it for the variety and price especially for children. Some days are better then others with the food and service, a hit or miss place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BadgerGurl82

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Eat 'till you can't move!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times and will go many more. First the good; the selection of food is outstanding; you will be hard pressed to find a buffet with this selection in the area. The food is always hot and full of flavor. The price is reasonable but I am not a fan of asking for tips at the entrance. The eating area is clean; I have never had an issue with dirty plates or silverware.
Now the bad; the bathrooms need attention! I don’t think I have ever seen the bathrooms truly clean. The entry way is cluttered and confusing. After you pay you are dumped into an area that is full of cross traffic, people are waiting for steak, people are crossing to get to the table and people are just getting done paying all in the same area, it is extremely congested. They only give you one small cut of steak at a time; I was forced to make 7 trips to the steak guy just to get enough for me to eat. I asked if I could just get two cuts and he said only 1 per person no exceptions, needless to say we got to know each other well. They need bigger cups for the drinks, it would save the staff a lot of time if they would just give you more than a small glass of pop, she filled mine 4 times.
I would recommend going here if you get the chance, it is a ton of food for a good price!

1 Thank ThisGuy54729
Beulah, Michigan
“Run of the mill, but quick and easy.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had never been to a Golden Corral so we thought we'd try it out. While it wasn't fabulous, it wasn't bad either. The staff was nice and the food was run of the mill. They did have a nice selection on the salad bar and my husband said the steak was alright, not out of sight, but for the price you get what you pay for. We would go again if we are ever in the Stevens Point area.

1 Thank Jim A
Nekoosa, Wisconsin, United States
“On decline”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

When they first opened this buffet type restaurant, it was a great hit in this area, nothing like it. We have since then have lunch/dinner several times, and we can tell that the prices went up, but the quality of the food definitely down. They have so many items in their buffet that sure, you will find something to eat that you like, but for example since they decided to add the chocolate fountain, their assortment of pies and cakes, went down big time.
I would say it's not a place (at this time) that I would have on mind to visit, when going out to the shopping area where is located, many other restaurants to choose from, with a much better atmosphere, or even cheaper depending on which one you go.

1 Thank Maria K
Coconut Creek, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food OK, but......”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

dirty dishes and cutlery. reused dish and the kitchen manager said that I was contaminating the food with my germs at the-counter!!!! the general manager endorsed his attitude .
I took a picture of the restroom ... disgusting ... should publish it ... ? NEVER MOORE

• Visited June 2013