“Excellent Facility”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plover
Osseo
“Excellent Facility”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel is about 5 miles south of Stevens Point just off of I-39. Exterior is modern and well maintained. Hotel lobby is tastefully decorated with modern styling. Pool area was clean. Moderate sized pool and large spa. Pool ranged from 3 to 5 feet deep. Small fitness center. Room (second story) was exceptional. 10 and 12 foot ceilings, two TV's, sitting area (couch, armchair), two queen beds. Pillows and bedding were high quality, comfortable. Mattresses were comfortable, not as plush as the bedding. Bathroom was spacious with a tall, elongated toilet and multi-setting shower head.

Breakfast was normal continental breakfast fair: yogurt, cereal, juice (apple, orange, cranberry), milk (2%, skim), bagels (plain), waffles, bread, mini muffins, donuts, eggs, and either biscuits and gravy or bacon and sausage (changes by day).

We enjoyed our stay, highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I love it when people find value in the clean, comfortable and safe setting we provide. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the area.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have spent almost a month in Portage and Wood Counties, WI and have stayed in at least 4 different hotels. Hands down the Best Western Plover Hotel is my fave and I am going to be booking my next few trips to the area there! Incredibly close to Stevens Point

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words and that is exactly what I love to hear!!! We all work pretty hard to make things as good as they can be for our guests and it makes all of us proud when we hear from someone who appreciates it like you do. That's what the hospitality industry is all about.
So, thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This Hotel is great to stay at. Pleasant staff, clean rooms and quiet. Breakfast was great and tasty. I would stay here again. I don't have the time to write a review using a minimum of 200 characters as required by this site.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad you found the value in staying here. I truly appreciate anyone letting us know what they experienced here, whether it was great or not so good. It really helps us find areas where there is room for improvement. Of course I really love hearing from those who found everything to be wonderful. So thanks again for your time and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center is the hotel that we always stay at when in the Plover area. It is very clean, easily accessible from the freeway, and has the most comfortable beds around! This time around we chose to stay in a suite and were not disappointed. It was spacious and perfect for our needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I always love to hear from a loyal guest who is always happy to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with fellow travelers here on this site and thank you for the kind words. It makes me proud to work here and proud of the people I work with to continue providing quality service and a clean, safe environment for everyone at a great value. I wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you soon.

Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 26 July 2014

AVOID THIS PLACE if you must have reliable staff and a reliable place to ostay for your business schedule. We extended our stay 30 minutes after we checked in because the place looked nice and we wanted to use our whirlpool. ThE CHECKIN STAFF WAS OK WITH THE SERVICE ANIMALS (we brought documentation). We went to our business meetings and returned to find our things moved out of our room. NO OTHER ROOM WAS OFFERED. The reasons stated were that --> " WE BOOKED SOMEONE ELSE INTO YOUR ROOM " <--- VERY BAD BUSINESS and they "DONT ALLOW SERVICE ANIMALS." ALSO, My wifes seizure service animal (used at night while the mobility animal sleeps) was placed in a HOUSEKEEPING CLOSET WITH HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS AND INJURED.
Also, the FIRST ROOM we were put in had a dirty room with a dirty whirlpool full of dirty water. and we had to immediately move TO MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM.

Room Tip: CHECK IN EARLY AND VIDEO EVERYTHING Most of the problems are with the nighttime front desk staff and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank E J
General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
I'm sorry that you are so confused about what happened to your room. You never gave the front desk staff a definite answer whether you were going to stay another night or not and you did not provide us with a form of payment. Therefore we sold the room to another person (we were in a sell out situation which is why no other room was offered) and had to move the things you left behind (even though you didn't pay for the next night) including a CAT, which is NOT a service animal! We DO allow service animals, which in the state of Wisconsin the ONLY service animals are dogs and miniature horses. You were told at check in and signed papers acknowledging that we DO NOT ALLOW PETS, yet you snuck a cat into your room. Your cat was NOT injured or kept in a closet with hazardous chemicals. Why would you leave a pet behind while you went to have fun at the Energy Fair? Obviously you are a stranger to the truth and yet our owner was nice enough to find you another room at a different hotel. He could have fined you $150 for bringing a pet into the hotel. I certainly hope wherever you stay next, that if you are truthful with the staff, you will find them more helpful.

Larry
Omaha, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Have stayed at this motel everytime we are in this vicinity and would recommend it to anyone. Breakfast is always good and of good quality. Staff is friendly and knowlegable of the territory and the water welcome package is a nice touch and this is one of the few places I like the coffee without having to water it down

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank for taking the time to share your experience with others and us. We strive for consistency and try to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests. I always love to hear that people appreciate the value in staying here and come back every time. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Detroit, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel actually looks like the pictures!! The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was professional and friendly especially the guy who checked me in. There are some local restaurants within walking distance. The two exits from the hotel have many chain and other restaurants and lots of shopping. The pool, jacuzzi and fitness center were well maintained. The only complaint would be that the rooms don't have good sound buffers. You can hear noise from the highway and even your neighbor's room. It wasn't too much of a problem for me but I could see how it would be for others. Overall, GREAT stay!! I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We continue to strive to provide a safe, clean and fun environment that everyone can appreciate. It concerns me when people tell me their room was noisy. I have some people tell me their room was quiet and others share your experience. I'm not sure whether some rooms are better than others or if some people are more sensitive to it than others. I know my wife always travels with a small fan to create "white noise" and it helps us both sleep better. I know others that travel with ear plugs. I guess there's no perfect solution as most hotel rooms are not sound proof.
I hope that next time you are in the area, you will keep us in mind when you need a place to stay.

Front Desk Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center

Been to Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!