“Félicitation!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Plover
Shawinigan, Canada
“Félicitation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was very pleased for my 2 nights stay there.
Every employee I met was very attentionned and friendly.
You really feel you don't disturb them at any moment, like it is at some places.
Even the maids pay attention to the tranquility of the guests while making the adjacent rooms...
I may also mention the wonderfull lady at the lobby breakfast area that was still present and asked if you don't need anything else that may be missing, even if I arrived when it's suppose to close. Very appreciated.

Félicitation a toute l'équipe! (congratulation for the whole team!)

P.S. There's a good microbrewery just aside (Oso's), it was closed when I went, but I tried 2 of their good beer at adjacent restaurant (Christian's) and bar (Mickey's if I remember well).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
milwaukee, wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

My kids and I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn in Plover on our visit to their grandparents. I'm glad we did. We were in adjoining rooms 306 and 308 This hotel can accommodate adjoining rooms if the combination is one two-bed room and one single-bed room. This was the perfect arrangement for us.

Previously we had stayed at the Comfort Inn across the street /county B on a number of occasions. While the Comfort Inn is a good hotel (see my review) at a better value/lower rate, I would stay at the Hampton Inn going forward:

Both are close to I39 (very convenient). Comfort Inn seemed much closer due to the very clear view of the interstate. Hampton Inn view sheltered by large pine trees in the park.

Great setting. Walk out the back, and see lots of wildlife in the pool. Take a walk on paved pathways to the Korean War Memorial and adjacent park, which has a small beach, pavillions, swings, flushies, and baseball fields. Christian's Bistro (see my review) is on the opposite side of the front parking lot, along with the rest of the shopping center.

Rate via hotels.com is very comparable. This was my first use of hotels.com, and it worked out very well. Remarkably, the hotel itself is not able to offer the same deals visible on hotels.com (I prefer to book directly with the hotel). Ask for any other available specials if you don't want to use hotels.com.

Very friendly front desk. Able to reconfigure my hotels.com reservation to meet their adjoining room requirements.

Very clean, modern, comfy.

Excellent beds!! Includes clean duvets/comforters every day.

Room Tip: Request odd numbered rooms for a view of the back parking lot PLUS a nice pond and park.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We had a wonderful visit for several nights here. We tend to trust Hampton Inns, and this one certainly didn't disappoint us. It was exceptionally nice and clean. The area is lovely with walking paths and lovely fountain views behind the hotel. Breakfast was nicely done in typical Hampton fashion. The pool was nice and would have been nicer if there had been a jacuzzi tub as well. But no complaints here--we had a wonderful visit!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is the first time that I've stayed at this Hampton Inn. I do stay in primarily Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden hotels lately and some Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in the past. I have to say that of the 100+ hotels that I stay in each year, this is the first to have a charging port on the nightstand next to the bed! I can't tell you how many times per week I have to move the nightstand and unplug the lamp just to have a bedside charging place for my phone. Room was very small for a Hampton Inn, but very clean and quite. Warm cookies at check in. And Emily in the breakfast area sent me off with a cold bottle of water in the morning! A breakfast bag with a bottle of water included is normal for Hampton Inn, but Emily made sure that her guests in the breakfast area left with a cold bottle instead of the warm one included in the normal breakfast bag.
Not having to move the night stand to charge my phone, and Emily's smiling face and cold bottle of water in the morning are a couple of small things that turned my stay from just another night in a hotel to a very nice experience!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

The room given to me was 2 queen beds and it was very clean and tidy. Next door is one of the best restaurants - Christian's Bistro - which I highly recommend. The staff at this Hamptom are very accomodating and helpful. The rooms are quiet and there is a nice park behind that is great for a stroll.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The room was your typical Hampton Inn room. It was very clean. The service was very good. The only difference between this Hampton Inn and the typical Hampton Inn is they had a very good complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is by far the best hotel to stay in the Stevens Point / Plover area. Next to a park on one side, multiple retaurants and shopping malls and even a Menards! Right off I-39. Quiet rooms, any amenity you can ask for and more. I got a great rate, other wise it is over $100 a night which can be on the high side for the area. But location is perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plover
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
BEST WESTERN Plover Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point

Been to Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point? Share your experiences!