“Another great Winter escape to Port Washington”

Holiday Inn Port Washington
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We returned to Holiday Inn, Port Washington again this year for a winter getaway / mini reunion. The hotel was just as we expected...clean and comfortable. The Hotel management and staff was delightful and very accommodating. This hotel has a very genuine small town hospitality...no corporate feel here! Thank You Cathy and staff. We enjoyed several stops along the main street. Some new shops, (The bakery moved downtown EXCELLENT)and all the great pubs and shops we've enjoyed for years. We even bowled a game at Willies. What a hoot! Another fun weekend in Port Washington! Cathy invited us back for a visit during the summer season...We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Of course all lake view rooms are excellent, but the North side rooms look over the very picturesque...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Port Washington

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel needs some major work done to it. When I stayed there my room smelt of smoke. (Room kind of next to outside doors) I was staying there for a business trip and I would not recommend my corporate travel agent to book this hotel again. I had to be out by 6 am and I would go to get fresh coffee from the lobby and three out of the five days I was there it was cold and you could tell it was from the night before. There was even a time I came out there and I think I actually woke the front desk agent up. The room was clean but could use some major renovation. The front desk agents who checked me in and out were very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. The food down in the restaurant I would not recommend eating. I felt as I walked down there that I knew it would be bad. The place was in the basement and they didn't even have signs letting people know where it was.The staff down there were very friendly. The bartenders were awesome even though they had barely any beer in stock they still made sure I was happy before I left. I was too afraid to try the breakfast after eating dinner. But all in all I think the only thing that would bring me back is the staff and view.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank missboston6915
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear missyboston6915,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our view out of our room was awesome! The young lady at the front desk was very nice. The room and the hotel really need updating. The bed was very broken in. The shower was warm at best. The pool is very small. The hot tub was closed for cleaning!. I wish they would have told us when making a reservation.

Room Tip: We had an even # room and those are the ones that face the lake! beautiful views!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jessyjay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear jessyjay,

Thank you for your candid review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the view from your room and liked our front desk. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D

Reviewed 16 February 2014

An older holiday inn with an average décor and rooms. Great location next door to the Duluth Trading CO, the port park and the historic downtown. Is defiantly worth the little drive off the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Bob M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are happy that you liked our location. However, please accept our apologies for the issues you have had with the property's condition. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was a little afraid to stay here after reading some of the reviews but decided to chance it because the views looked amazing and we are so glad we ended up staying here. The hotel is in an amazing location with lake and marina views and it is close to tons of downtown shops and places to eat. We booked a 2 queen bed suite with lake views for around $120 on a Friday night (with a corporate discount) and this suite was enormous!!! The bathroom had a whirlpool tub and shower in it, there is a separate living room with fridge and microwave with great views of the water and then the bedroom was on the corner so it had amazing views from both windows on either side. The room is a little dated and the mattress could be replaced but it wasn't uncomfortable. The only wierd thing is that the pool and hot tub area has huge windows where the people in the bar/lounge can watch everything which is normally okay but when there is a creepy bunch of old guys staring at me and my teenage daughter it was really uncomfortable. I'm sure it is a nice attraction for the bar area to be able to have the pool view but at what cost to the clients of the hotel? I was super happy with the location, views and the room; the hallways problably need to have a deep clean done on the carpeting or rip it out and put in different flooring, there is definitely a weird smell in the halls. As for the pool area im sure most of the time it's fine it just depends on the clients of the bar/lounge. Also i should say that i booked this hotel on the drive from Sturgeon Bay (where there were no rooms available) about an hour from our arrival time on my phone. It was easy, accurate and our room was waiting for us when we got there!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NoCampingJustHotels
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our first stay at the holiday inn in port washington but will not be our last. Great service location was great beautiful views of the lake. We can't wait to return. We loved the pool and the resturant every one was so kind.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stay at this hotel every year for our annual Family Reunion mainly because we're allowed to bring in snacks and beverages for our event. The staff is very friendly and accomodating and checkin and checkout went smoothly. The room was clean but with very out dated furnishings and the carpet definitely needs replacing. The hotel is in badly need of a major renovation or needs to be torn down and rebuilt. The location is ideal and the view spectacular of Lake Michigan but that's the only upside of the hotel. The hallways and elevator floors were dirty and had trash on them when we we arrived around 3 PM. Also the next morning at 8 AM the same trash was present in the hallways and elevator, apparently they don't have housekeeping on Saturday or Sunday mornings. One would think that appearance would be important but that's not the case. The lounge downstairs was nice but once again needs a major renovation, not very inviting. Would not stay again if not for the reunion as I'm sure there are other nicer hotels in the area for the same price. Also there wasn't a breakfast at the hotel but I can recommend Tello's down the street for breakfast. Good food and excellent service at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Washington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington
Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area

Been to Holiday Inn Port Washington? Share your experiences!