Holiday Inn Port Washington
US$107
Priceline
US$155
Travelocity
All reviewslake michiganrotary parkrusty anchorwithin walking distancegreat viewa lake view roombar restaurantbit datedgreat townlocation is excellentdouble queen rooman older hotelpark your cardesk clerkthe main streetwould definitely stay here againfamily reunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have stayed here 5 different times on our way to Door Co. The location is wonderful. The hotel is okay; it really needs updating but is clean enough and accommodating. The staff is very nice. We plan to stay again this summer for one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Alison L,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our great location. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for one night in late April, which would be considered off season I would guess. The hotel is right on the shoreline of Lake Michigan in a very quaint old town just north of Milwaukee. You would swear you were in New England or at least Door County by the atmosphere that the downtown offers. We were impressed with the views, but that was about all. This Holiday Inn is dated. The building is in rundown shape. Don't even think about the "restaurant" that is located in the basement level down a dark, stained carpet corridor.
Even the restaurant sign was hard to find and see. Looks out to the indoor pool which looked nice. Menu was one page of golf course grill faire and not much more. This stay included a free breakfast which we didn't even consider after our brief visit to find the place the night before. Our room was pet friendly which is what we requested and re-requested at check-in. They had mistakenly given us a non pet room at first. Curiously, the room was barrier free, which was not necessary but fine, however, also included a huge whirlpool tub in the sleeping area with no transfer assistance equipment. Didn't make much sense. Couple these things with an overall dark atmosphere and much needed updating, and I would give it an OK. But not more. One very positive note, the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gummi51
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear gummi51,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed the view from our property and pleased you found our staff highly commendable. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We returned to Holiday Inn, Port Washington again this year for a winter getaway / mini reunion. The hotel was just as we expected...clean and comfortable. The Hotel management and staff was delightful and very accommodating. This hotel has a very genuine small town hospitality...no corporate feel here! Thank You Cathy and staff. We enjoyed several stops along the main street. Some new shops, (The bakery moved downtown EXCELLENT)and all the great pubs and shops we've enjoyed for years. We even bowled a game at Willies. What a hoot! Another fun weekend in Port Washington! Cathy invited us back for a visit during the summer season...We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Of course all lake view rooms are excellent, but the North side rooms look over the very picturesque main street. We found the rooms to be very quiet. The AC / heater units are new and also quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel needs some major work done to it. When I stayed there my room smelt of smoke. (Room kind of next to outside doors) I was staying there for a business trip and I would not recommend my corporate travel agent to book this hotel again. I had to be out by 6 am and I would go to get fresh coffee from the lobby and three out of the five days I was there it was cold and you could tell it was from the night before. There was even a time I came out there and I think I actually woke the front desk agent up. The room was clean but could use some major renovation. The front desk agents who checked me in and out were very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. The food down in the restaurant I would not recommend eating. I felt as I walked down there that I knew it would be bad. The place was in the basement and they didn't even have signs letting people know where it was.The staff down there were very friendly. The bartenders were awesome even though they had barely any beer in stock they still made sure I was happy before I left. I was too afraid to try the breakfast after eating dinner. But all in all I think the only thing that would bring me back is the staff and view.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank missboston6915
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear missyboston6915,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our view out of our room was awesome! The young lady at the front desk was very nice. The room and the hotel really need updating. The bed was very broken in. The shower was warm at best. The pool is very small. The hot tub was closed for cleaning!. I wish they would have told us when making a reservation.

Room Tip: We had an even # room and those are the ones that face the lake! beautiful views!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jessyjay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear jessyjay,

Thank you for your candid review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the view from your room and liked our front desk. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D