“Lady who runs the place is batpoop crazy!”
Review of Driftwood Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Washington
Driftwood Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
“Lady who runs the place is batpoop crazy!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have never written a bad review about anyone or anything before. This is because i never wanna be the one to cost anyone their job. I figurebif someone wrongs me, its between him and god. But i had to write about my expirence at driftwood motel this past november. People should know what happened to me.

I stayed at the driftwood motel this past november for two weeks. I paid a weekly rate. Every morning, the owners would call me wanting to know if i needed room service. This is fine save for one thing............... Every morning they watched my room like a hawk, waiting for me to leave so they could get in there. Many times i came back to my room and saw that they had in fact been in there even though i asked them not to do that.

The whole situation was getting more and more uncomfortable every day. the lady started getting ruder with her phone calls to my room. She would ask me why i wasnt gone by 10 every morning and such. She would also ask numerous uninvited personal questions. I always felt like i was being watched, and at night in that second week she would sneak down the doorway corridor to try to listen in on my room, easedropping on my phone conversations at night.i have no idea why she was doing these things. Im a 34 year old man who was there by myself and im quiey as a mouse. Most of the time i didnt even watch tv. Just read my bible or used the mobile internet on my phone.

Anyway despite all this i chose to pay her for a 3rd week to stay there. The next morning she knocked my door demanding i leave for a while so she can service the room. I told her this was rude, at which poiny she reminded me that this is her motel her rules.........

I closed the door and decided that enough is enough. So i called down to the office and told her i am PAYING to stay here and i will stay in my room in the mornings if i so desire. I told her furthermore that i was NOT paying her so that she could speak to me any way she pleased. After this she weny crazy on me and i finally snapped.....demanding my money back.

I have no idea what brought on her nosiness and overall behavior toward me during my stay. I chose the driftwood to stay at because its quiet and out in the country. I pretty much just wanted to be left alone. But instead, i was always being watched and harassed and for no reason whatsoever. I was really uncomfortable every day because of the owner lady. Cuz she was snoopy, sneaky, rude, and plain irrational. I should have known better though.

7 years ago i stayed at the driftwood for one night. The next morning i madr phone calls to some local churches for a personal reason. The owner lady.....right before i was getting ready to check out, called me down to her office and was wanting to know why i was calling churches. When i asked how she even knew that, she told me that the numbers i called show up on her switchboard. Anyway she kept asking me what i was calling churches for and i should have known from that expirence not to come back..

Bottom line. I am a man of God. So its not in my nature to write bad reviews even when i do have bad expirences. But this situation was so creepy i had to say something. I forgot about it til now. Anyway i reccomend this motel to absolutely no one.

• Stayed November 2011

Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!