“All night party.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
San Diego, California
“All night party.”
Reviewed 5 November 2008

I took a room here so as to get a good nights sleep before flying home out of Milwaukee airport the next day. Big mistake. There was a private function going on so when I got back from dinner around 7 PM all the convenient parking was taken. I had to park in a large lot past the far end of the hotel. I have some mobility problems so this was very inconvenient. I went to bed around 10 but was rudely awakened about an hour later with shouting and swearing somewhere outside my room. This continued off and on until I finally called the desk at 12:45 AM. When the desk clerk finally answered after many, many rings I was assured that the noise would be stopped. It still continued for about another hour. I got little sleep and then had move my car in the morning so I wouldn't have to haul my luggage past the other end of the hotel. It's unbelievable that the hotel staff would allow this noise. Also, the hotel should designate parking for registered guests and use the big lot for the temporary guests attending private functions. The one positive note was that the desk clerk on duty when I checked in recommended the Newport Shores Restaurant for dinner and it was wonderful. Port Washington is a very attractive town but I will stay somewhere else the next time I am there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Extremely noisy all night long and inattentive night staff.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank ronjmb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nebraska
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We usually stay at Country Inn and Suites when we are on vacation because we rarely have any issues with our stays. We are still staying at Port Washington but I wanted to get the review in already.

We arrived early evening and picked up our keys. We came to our room and had a heck of a time trying to get into our room. We tried both keys and after many tries we finally got it open. Its not the normal card you slide in and pull out, it runs vertical along the door jam and you have to time it just right on how you slide it.

We went down to the pool and had another issue w/ the door, and checked out the pool area. It was overly hot, muggy, and hard to breathe. There was another group hanging out by the outside door w/ the door propped open with a towel to get some air into the area. You could only stand being in there for a short time before having to leave.

The beds are hard, and although we reserved a room w/ 2 queen beds, and even after calling down to the front desk to make sure they were queens, Im still not sure they are queens. I was even considering ripping the bedding apart to look for a tag, because they just seem to be fulls to me (or maybe doubles). We have a queen at home, and just left a very nice hotel w/ queens and these are MUCH MUCH more smaller then those. Also, the pillows were very flat, over used I would say.

We ran down for breakfast in the morning and my daughter cut open an apple and the whole thing was dark brown inside. Just gross. Other than that issue with the breakfast the spread seemed to look pretty good. It was quite cramped and needed to ask people to get up and move to get a highchair through.

We have to stay here another 2 nights so I hope they are better than the first. I wish I would have known there was a Holiday Inn in the area, I would have checked them out first.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Madison
Reviewed 8 May 2008

This hotel is fair. The rooms are fine as is the breakfast, however, I didn't care for it's interstate side location with only a couple fast food restaurants and gas station nearby. The staff was reasonably friendly, although not special. Was surprised to see a bar though... that was a nice surprise although they didn't serve food. I only stayed here because the Holiday Inn was full. I am a Priority Club member with Holiday Inn and love to get my free reward points whenever I can. My humble opinion is that the staff at the Holiday Inn Harborview is the best of any Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. I was surprised to see that the Port Holiday Inn was the selected recipient over all other Holiday Inns to recieve the Kemmons Wilson award. I prefer their location over the Country Inn because they are on the water, in the center of downtown, and easy walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants (I would recommend Port Hotel for fine dining, Beanies for mexican, Pasta Shop for Itallian, Newport Shores or Wilson House for alternates. Schooner Pub is the place to end the night at). Port Washington is such a charming little lake-front town. You don't get to take that in and enjoy it when you're up on the freeway at the Country Inn. One more thing, I would recommend you upgrade to a lakeview room if you book at the Holiday Inn. I love this town!

• Liked — Rooms were decent
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2008

needed a place to stop for the night and found this hotel from the highway. friendly staff, helpful- room was clean, stocked and the free breakfast also stocked. free WIFI in the room!

• Liked — property had what we wanted
  • Disliked — bed sheets were not soft enough
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2007

Clean room, nice property, friendly check-in.......consistent with a well run hotel in it's class, similar to Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn etc.....Only one complaint....it is close to the highway, and if you have a room on that side of the hotel it is pretty noisy, lots of trucks and it just seems to be a loud section of highway. I was pretty tired so it didn't bother me too much, but if you are a light sleeper and get a room on that side of the hotel you might have problems.

Stayed September 2007
Genoa City, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 July 2005

We spent one night at the Country Inn & Suites in Port Washington. Everything was great from the time we checked in until check out the next morning. The room was very clean and comfortable. Even though we were on the first floor and close to the front desk and pool area, we were not disturbed. The staff did an excellent job of keeping the noise level down - with lots of kids all over the place, that's not always easy to do! Breakfast was great with a nice selection of foods; not just your typical coffee-and-doughnut garbage. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and look forward to visiting this chain in the future.

• Stayed July 2005
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington? Share your experiences!