“awesome stay, delicious kitchen, comfortable bed, great view”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Washington
Port Washington Inn
Reviewed 3 October 2012

PWInn warm atmosphere, the best hosts ever with a big heart and personal touch
Hospitality is amazing! Lovely time … could not imagine any better!
awesome stay, delicious kitchen, comfortable bed, great view
It was our pleasure to experience true welcome. Thanks for having us!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Port Washington Inn

Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and I needed a rest and my sister directed us to Port Washington WI. We found this wonderful B & B on the internet and it far exceeded our expectations. We felt very much at home during our entire stay. Rita and Dave, our hosts, have perfected the art of running a bed and breakfast. We were very impressed with the healthy, made from scratch, breakfasts and appreciated the clean and comfortable accomadations. We have stayed at a number of B & B's across the country and this was by far the best!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have stayed at this Inn at least once a year for about 10 yrs now and have never been disappointed. Rita and Dave run a beautiful, clean and inviting Inn with comfortable accomodations in an excellent location with a great view of the lake and incredible breakfasts. Stay here and enjoy the best every time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My fiancé and I were looking to get away from the city when I came upon Port Washington. I was going to book with another hotel in the area but read the reviews for Port Washington Inn which were all good. I went to check out their website and discovered they offered buffet breakfast--we were sold and booked right away!

When we arrived at the inn we were not disappointed at all. The place was so clean and well-kept. They left little treats for us both days we were there (some scrumptious oat bars and chocolate cookies). They even use the same organic bath & body products that I use so I know I'm in the right place. Breakfast was superb! Probably the best you can find in Port Washington because we didn't find many good food places in the town itself. One morning they made us frittata (I love frittatas!), sausage links, toast with homemade jam; the next we had omelette, orange glazed turkey bacon/ham, lemon curd to spread on toast, and strawberry rhubarb. I made sure to stuff myself at breakfast every morning. I was very satisfied.

When I travel I usually prefer hostels because you get to interact and meet other travelers or guests. There were other groups that weekend and we were able to have good conversations while at the breakfast table. Rita and Dave were really nice, perfect hosts! We had a great time!

We were sad to leave but hope to return... with our friends and family!

Room Tip: From the Dorothy Room you can actually see Lake Michigan and the sunrise.
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I've stayed at a number of inns across the country and none can compete with the Port Washington Inn. The reviews I read online prior to our stay were so overwhelmingly positive that I feared a letdown, but the reviews are indeed accurate. The location is perfect -- just a few blocks from the lake, situated on a hill with a wonderful view of the town. Rita & Dave have achieved a perfect balance: they are helpful and friendly, yet respectful of your privacy. A sweet welcome note tells you everything you need to know about the inn, and we were gratified to find chocolate oat bars waiting in the room. The room, bathroom and linens were all impeccably clean and we felt at home immediately. You have the option of early morning coffee about an hour before breakfast, and are able to help yourself to tea or hot chocolate at any time of day/night. There is a large selection of movies to watch in your room, and a spacious and cozy common area downstairs with plenty of seating and ample lighting for reading. Breakfast was AMAZING. Dave's homemade bread and their homemade yogurt will haunt my dreams until I can return to the inn for another stay. We didn't need to eat lunch the two days we stayed with them because we were so satisfied from their generous breakfast spread. Both Rita & Dave chatted with us and gave us pointers on where to eat and what to see.
Normally when I travel I am anxious to get back to my home and my bed, but I was actually quite sad to leave. Port Washington Inn has set the bar very high for other B&Bs, and I can't stop telling my friends and family what an incredible stay we had there. Many thanks to Rita & Dave! We really enjoyed meeting you both & hope to see you again.

Room Tip: All rooms have ceiling fans and the A/C keeps the entire house comfortable in the summer.
5  Thank MichMeg
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was a lovely B&B . . . a historic home carefully restored and furnished, meticulously kept, and professionally managed. Breakfast and afternoon snacks were wholesome and delicious, and the inn-keepers, Rita and Dave, were most pleasant and helpful. Up on a hill overlooking Lake Michigan and an easy walk to the marina, The Port Washington Inn is the perfect place to stay if you are in the area.

1  Thank BostonTessa
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I just spent three wonderful nights at the Port Washington Inn. We highly recommend you stay here if you are seeking accomadations anywhere in the area. Here is a list of our favorite details:

1. The views, the landscaping and the inn are all spectacular to the eye
2. The comfortable beds and overall cleanliness
3. Attention to all details by the Inn-keepers
4. The proximity to the lake
5. The food prepared is incredible
6. Total privacy
7. Friendliness of the Inn-keepers

I could go on and on but all you need to know is that you couldn't find nicer owners, you probably won't want ever be in a hurry to leave this great B & B and the comfort is incredible. They culture their own yogurt, grind their own wheat for homemade bread and present to you a breakfast you won't soon forget. Rita and Dave, thank you for giving us a chance to rest and recharge at your lovely spot on the hill overlooking Lake Michigan. Hope to see you again!

Best Wishes,

Downtown
The Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel
#5 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Port Washington Inn? Share your experiences!