“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Ridge Motor Inn

Ridge Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Portage
Hugo, Minnesota
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I met my mom there for a night before heading back to our place. The place was dirty. There were bugs inside the picture glass and the pillow was stained. I will not be going back; even with the low price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brokaw, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed here twice in 2011. Our first stay was two nights in April, and the other was a last minute one night stay in late August. The inside of the this place (hallways, lobby, etc.) is like looking into a time capsule. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I like the retro styling. It also has an attached restaurant and bar which was a plus. The front desk is very curteous and polite. the pool and hot tub along with the game room are another thumbs up. Overal we were happy with both our visits.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RDHone
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was forced to stay almost an hour away from Madison because of the football game and I am glad I did. What a wonderful place to stay. This is old school. From the delightful Check-in service to the fresh room my stay was great. This Motel is conveniently located minutes from both I 39 and downtown Portage it is perfectly situated for a visitor to south central Wisconsin.

I had business in Madison and this was a very nice drive away, but the best part was the hotel irself. Don't let the outside fool you it was clean, fresh and the room was enormous. I had fresh, fluffy, full sized towels and great maid servic each day. The bed was clean, comfortable and an oasis of calm in my day.

Whether one is just passing through or staying to enjoy the Dells, Noah's Ark I highly recommend you consider the Ridge. You will be happy you did.

Oh, did I mention they have a three meal restaurant and bar attached? A bonus.

Room Tip: As for a Queen Double
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Chip1978
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Not all of the rooms have been remodeled. Booked two rooms for an overnight stay. Both rooms had old, wet smells. Stay as a last resort. This hotel will not be my first choice in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Portage hotels

Perkasie, PA
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The room was like a luxury apartment. It included kitchen area, separate living room, 2 large tvs. It was very tastefully decorated and excellent coffee around the clock This hotel also had a gym and a beautiful, well kept pool.. Restaurants, Wall Mart, K mart, Staples, and more were all within walking distance. I will definitely be back

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kkaakk
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We went onour annual motorcycle ride and ended up at the "Inn". From the outside I was a little worried but once inside you could see that it has been remodeled. 60 of us all checked smoothly and went on our way to only meet up at the lounge bar. The bartendar treated poorly so one person in our group asked the front desk for a bar within walking distance. They called a bar who brought a shuttle bus over and took us to the bar. Then they came for round two so they had the entire group. What great service for a bunch of bikers who just wanted to have fun. The "Inn" was more than accomodating to our group. Our room was very nice with a fridge and microwave for a good price. The "Inn" was laid out a little odd but it actually allowed for privacy and quiteness. It was very clean and the staff was accomodating. Only big downfall we saw, no continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank DMGWisconsin
Illinois
Reviewed 6 January 2007

Nice older hotel, clean rooms. Nice pool area, water warm. Staff very helpful and cheerful. Beds comfortable. Good food on site. Would definately stay again

• Liked — clean rooms friendly staff nice pool area
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TravlerMosey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center
#11 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
All Star Inn & Suites
All Star Inn & Suites
#2 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Ridge Motor Inn? Share your experiences!