“Very good!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Portage
Belgium
“Very good!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Nice motel. Good breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay at the Super 8 again on my next trip to Portage.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Hello Deborah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Portage Super 8. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team. :)

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Elizabeth Woyt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Minneapolis
Reviewed 18 May 2013

It seemed odd that young construction workers were placed on the first floor and I being a senior citizen was placed on the second floor. I requested a changed and was told that the first floor rooms had all been taken three days ago. My reservation was online a month ago.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Judith M
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Hello Judith,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not have first floor rooms when you arrived. To avoid this happening in the future, I would recommend calling the property directly and requesting ground floor. Otherwise, we don't have any way of knowing if there are special requests our guests may have until they arrive, and when we are busy, it can be more difficult to accommodate.

Again, I am sorry for this frustration that you experienced. I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable, however, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Portage.

Menomonie
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Was a very good place for the price paid. Only complaint was the breakfast. The bread and cinnamon rolls were not individually bagged which is kinda gross because of people touching and they were very dry. Otherwise very satisfied. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear Shawn T.,

Thank you for your recent review! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I appreciate your feedback on breakfast. I've discussed your comments with our staff, and we are looking for a better way to display the tongs that are to be used for bread, cinnamon rolls, etc. The location they currently are in can be difficult to see. We will also be more diligent in making sure that any bread is thrown out when it becomes dry.

Again, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portage. :)

Elizabeth Woyt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ridge Motor Inn
#5 of 6 in Portage
Best Western Baraboo Inn
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

Been to Super 8 Portage? Share your experiences!