“Not very busy on a Friday night”
Review of Hooker's Resort

Hooker's Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Poynette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I took my mom and aunt to Hooker's last night, after seeing the huge line at the Owl's Nest. There were quite a few cars outside, but inside there weren't very many people there. I wondered why there was such a difference between the restaurants. We sat by the window and the view was very nice. Although I noticed the stained ceiling tiles immediately, everything seemed clean.

There was no menu, and the waitress recited the offerings, which were many kinds of lightly battered fish - all you can eat - or several choices that were not all you can eat. We also could have had her tell us about the non-fish choices, but we were there for the fish fry. I had never had walleye, so I chose that. The salad arrived while the waitress was taking our order. It was quite small with iceberg lettuce 3 tiny tomatoes, 2 slices of green pepper and 3 slices of cucumber. Nothing impressive. The fish came pretty quickly and was quite good! I was pleasantly surprised. We all enjoyed our meals.

The entire time we were there, which began about 5:45 pm, the place was pretty dead. There were many open tables the entire time we were there. The service was fast, the waitress was friendly and there were some young girls delivering the salads and busing the tables that were working very hard.

I will definitely return.

1  Thank SandyCooley

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at Hooker's. The food is great and a friendly and knowledgeable staff are there to serve you. Food is cooked to order and the salad bar has a great variety and very tasty. There is a variety of choices on the menu from burgers to steak. You will enjoy the view of Lake WI from the deck, inside dining or bar area.

1  Thank fordfan17
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a cook your own steak/fish restaurant. Although you can order from the bar menu as well. Always have fresh steak and seafood. Potato, bread, and salad included with the meal. Cheap ingredients in the salad though. Free dinner on your birthday! Bring your ID. We live near Hooker's, but worth the trip if you live further away.

2  Thank Larry T
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Select your steak from the refrigerated case, then use the large grill, spices & butter to create your own masterpiece. My favorite is the tenderloin, but there's a variety to choose from. Steaks are a flat rate, that includes baked potato and salad (brought to the table). Make garlic toasted bread while your steak is cooking. My steak is usually a 2-drink cook! You can also cook your own chicken breast or fish (basket provided).

3  Thank Sandy Venable A
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have been to Hookers before and normally the service is marginal but the food is good. Today the owner was is prime form, we ate at the bar and she literally threw our food at us and walked away, leaving us with no silverware or napkins. I don't think we'll be back.

6  Thank Cheeseheads2