“The manager was awesome!”
Review of Bridgeport Inn

Bridgeport Inn
Bridgeport Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Although we were idiots and stayed across the bridge in Macgregor, Iowa (don't do that!), the manager at Bridgeport was very nice and would have given us a room at a discount if we wanted to move hotels. Bridgeport is right next to a wonderful restaurant, which is how we even found the Bridgeport.

2  Thank Terri G

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The rate was higher than some of the others in the area but since others were booked (now I know why there was a vacancy here) we decided to spend the money. Every thing about this motel is cheap except for the rate. Very poor quality on everything including kleenex, toilet tissue, mini size soap, paper plates and utensils. We expected a few amenities for $130 like hair rinse, coffee, vending machine, pen and paper and perhaps towels for the pool. None of those were furnished. The room appeared to be clean at first glance but it lacked the detail one would expect for $130. i talked to the manager to express my displeasure and he told me that I could leave if I wished. He didn't even bother to ask me what my complaints were so that he could address them. When I told him that we were not pleased, he just says that we could leave if we wished.

Room Tip: Do not take the speciality room as it is not worth it. Bring snacks as no vending available. Bring h...
2  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Scaled down breakfast : cold cereal and toast and little else. Sparse room amenities. No newspapers in lobby or breakfast room. No coffee makers. Stained carpet and other examples of poor msintensnce. Shutdown one ice machine. Evident that owners are cutting corners to save money.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank harleybil
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Sadly, we missed out on a better opportunity by going to Prairie du Chien on a whim for an overnight getaway. There was a bass tournament (this is right on the Mississippi River) so the vacancy's were limited, this was the only "big" hotel available (we were calling the same night we needed a hotel) or the little motels had vacancies. My husband wanted a pool for the morning, so we settled on this place (I would have been happy w/ a clean bed at half the cost). I am sure because they weren't full, they offered us a room at $99 ($120 with all the taxes) and boy, that was an expensive night of sleep! I didn't sleep the best (firm pillows, squishy bed) and I just felt the hotel was "cheap" as in everything, which makes me question if the staff is limited and is our room really clean?!
There was free breakfast (fruit and bread, the usual waffle maker) but for what we ate (a banana and some coffee) that would have cost us $5.00 at the Kwik Trip down the road.
Well - I would only go here if you absolutely had no other choices in town!!

1  Thank Love2Ctheworld1117
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went to Country on the river for the second time and stayed here the second time. I found the owner to be very rude and not as friendly as the staff from the years past. He would not book another room for us for the next year and charged us an extra fee as he said we did not disclose how many were going to be staying. I told him I had via the girl at the desk the year before and that we were not trying to hide anything as when he asked me how many were staying I point blank said 4. Was not happy with the extra $40 a night as I am sorry but the breakfast is not worth and extra $20 a person. BUT I do have to give kuddo's to the front desk staff man that was on Saturday night as HE did go above and beyond once we got back to help us get some food as we were starving. That man deserved a 5 star rating and HE was very kind and courteous. The hotel itself is nice and seemed clean in all common areas as well as our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KMarie P
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We chose this hotel because of tripadvisor reviews and were disappointed in what we experienced. When we arrived at 10pm after riding all day we had to run to Walmart and get bathroom cleaner to clean the whirlpool tub before using it. There was something brown in the tub and there was no way I was getting in it without disinfecting it first. The bed was bouncy and worn. The beds, sheets and bedspread definitely need updating, the sheets were so thin you could see through them and did not even have enough elastic to stay on the bed, very disappointing! The breakfast was not acceptable and the coffee was gross so we went out for breakfast instead. We recently stayed at AmericInn of Praire du Chien and had a GREAT experience! Too bad they were booked up for that evening we would not have had to stay at BridgePort Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Bridgeport Inn over the 4th of July weekend. I have to say I couldn't have been more pleased. The place is starting to show it's age and could use a little updating but the friendly staff and excellent housekeeping more than makes up for it. Everything was very nice. The owner even acknowledged that he remembered me and thanked me for coming back. We were there over a year ago! Great place for a reasonably priced stay that is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
#3 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prairie du Chien, WI
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien
McGregor Landing Bed & Bath

Been to Bridgeport Inn? Share your experiences!