“To the extremely rude couple to my friend.”
Review of The Depot Bar

The Depot Bar
Reviewed 17 September 2013

First of all I would just like to say....HOW DARE YOU??? How could somebody be so heartless and heartfull to say any those comments??? Ok I get you might not have been a fan of the food or the service but do make such personal, inappropriate comments about someone? Well, i would chalk that up to a hate crime. The person that you are slamming is one of my best friends and she is NOTHING like the person you described in your horrible comment.

I am not from Prairie, but that bar was one of the first bars I found when I started coming to the river 7 years ago and not only is the food great, but the girls that work have a heart of gold and are amazing friends. I would recommend the place to anyone!!!

By the way, my son says that the girls that work there are the best!!!!

There are newer reviews for The Depot Bar

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very nice staff and good service. Nostalgia lingers thru this old depot restaurant, with outdoor seating as well.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick drink and a meal, but I wish I researched this place beforehand. The bar looks appealing from the outside, but we were treated very poorly inside. There were a handful of drunk locals at the bar and we were all but ignored for almost 20 minutes before the waitress came over. When she did take our order, it felt like she was bothered by us and we are pretty sure we were the butt of some of her jokes with the locals.
As for the food, everything was slow, the burgers were very average, and the service was awful. I hate going to businesses that treat you this way... we'll never be back.

5  Thank Sisyphus74
Reviewed 1 August 2012

It was a great March day and enjoyed sitting outside with coats and having some beverages and watching the river.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I was here a while back during a visit to PdC and was shocked & appalled when the bartender actually kicked a table across the room out simply for cheering for the opposing sports team on the television. They had been middle-aged and well behaved and certainly not rowdy...Following this incident we wrapped up our trip and left as soon as possible. What kind of an establishment does that? The food wasn't worth the price and although we weren't kicked out the service was rather rude to us as well.

7  Thank mts0912