“Nothing like this place and worth the wait!”

Pete's Hamburger Stand
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lisbon IA
“Nothing like this place and worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

If you've never had Pete's your missing out! It's worth a drive to Prairie Du Chien just for these burgers. They are steam cooked on a flat top with nothing but water, some salt/pepper, and onions. On any given day you will find a line backed up the street for these burgers. The wait can sometimes be lengthy but trust me.....ITS WORTH IT!!! These burgers have even made a show on the Travel Channel they are so good.

• Visited September 2013

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Unique and sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Ok I saw a line on either side of this small stand. I had to ask then I had to stand in line. I will stand in line again and again. Sweet juicy burger that I cannot compare to any other I have ever had. Well worth the wait and drive.

Visited July 2013
Roscoe, Illinois
“Best Burger-Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

While staying at the Americinn we were told about this "truck"-a short walk later into downtown-we seen 2 long lines & it was people just wanting burgers! So we had to try! Its a plain burger with mustard/ketchup/pickle if you want it-but by far, as a burger lover-this is the best one i have ever had. Recently went to Kewpees in Racine WI-they are good to, but still doesnt compare! The next morning we took our harley there & bought some to go & I ate another one on the back of the bike-ha! Will visit this city again just for the burger!

• Visited June 2013