“Old time supper club feel.”
Review of Kaber's Supper Club - CLOSED

Kaber's Supper Club
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Madison, Wisconsin
“Old time supper club feel.”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I have been to Kaber's numerous times. The drink prices are more than reasonable and the food is good. The restaurant has the atmosphere of a 50's supper club. They have a nice salad bar.

Visited September 2012

Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
“Terrible Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I had Fri. night fish special. It came to my table...FROZEN. I asked the waitress to take it back, she wanted to know what was wrong, I told her the fish was frozen in the middle. She took it back, I waited for about 20 minutes and she brought more fish to my table. It was the same as the 1st, frozen. I called her back, she said whats wrong this time, I told her the fish was frozen in the middle. She said there was nothing she coulld do about it. I then took the fish in to the kitchen myself and explaind to the cook that the fish was frozen. He didn't want to do anything with it so I tossed it on the counter and left. My Sis and her husband had some food there one time before my experience and their steaks were not done the way they asked. Don't go there. Food is terrible and service is terribly slow and attitude is even worse.
Rodney B. PDC

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rodney53821
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is horrible”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

the food is terrible. Dry steak. They don't know the differnce between well done and raw. Carrots on salad bar are dehydrated. Service is good. Too bad

1 Thank aldouglas81
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Place has been around since 1920. I think the food has been too”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Salad bar offered rotted lettuce, slimy carrots, radishes made of dust. Steak finally came, ordered medium, showed up raw, sent back. Waitress brought it back and still raw. She told me that the plate was really hot and I should finish cooking it on my plate. I told her to take it back and remove it from bill. We were done. Husbands steak was also raw and nothing but griddle, rice was uncle bens for sure. Never again

2 Thank Debfun
clermont
“classic cocktails”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I being of "baby boomer" age LOVE going to the "classic old supperclubs" in the tri-state area!!!! ok i'm 54 years old sooo i've been to these places when i was a kid with my parents and the supperclubs were in there heydaze,,, ie: 1960's early 70's these places were all over the tri-state area,,,seemed like every small town had one,,,,many roadhouses,,,ps very cool places,,,some with small hotels or motels,,,,ie: damn the things people did back then,,,and they did'nt even have the internet!!!!! that was back in the day when you met women at the bar like your suppose to!!!!!!!!!!!!whew,,,ok i have drove truck thru the tri-state and im saying ia, wi, mn, and the northern part of ill.... started in 1980. there were sooo many supperclubs,, roadhouses ect,,,, now its all going away. sooo many big waaaay cool supperclubs closed now,,,,ie: how many people remenber "the hieldelberg" in luana, ia, "livingoods" in frankville,ia, the "country manor" in national, ia "white springs" in mc gregor,ia OMG that place was my favorite!!!! damn they cooked food as long as they were open,,,and they were open till 2am most daze of the week!!!!!!!!!!! love that about a place,,,late night food,,,most supper clubs cut it off at 9pm,,,,damn im just working up an appetite by then....but all these places and many in mn are closed and will never reopen,,,,,thank god for mr johnson to put the $$$$$$$$$$$into the old vallhalla and thanx to jeff albers for rescuing the place we do have a supper club in clermont. ok,,,, now for the "kabers" review,,,,only ate there once,,,food was good,,,,but its the bar scene there and the classic look of the place and the people that frequent the place that makes it!!!!! when you order a martini, or an old fashion,,,your going to get the best damn drink,,,and your not going to have to tell the bartender how to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps i got a whole page on the "hotty" bartenders that are lost as to how to make the classics!!!!

• Visited November 2012