AmeriVU Bluffview Inn & Suites
US$132
Country Inn
Bridgeport Inn(Prairie du Chien)
US$87
US$83
US$99
US$95
Windsor Place Inn(Prairie du Chien)
US$89
US$84
Motel 6 Prairie Du Chien(Prairie du Chien)
TripAdvisor
Brisbois Motor Inn(Prairie du Chien)
TripAdvisor
Hari Holiday Motel(Prairie du Chien)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssausageroom microwavewaffle batterwing chairswafflespool area was cleanwatch tvwater temperaturesofa sleeperrooms are cleanhot itemsup to datefree breakfasttilewisconsinjacuzziprairie
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We thought the property was a bit overpriced for the time of year. Not really a high season. The room was okay about average. Breakfast was for me disappointing becasue there was no microwave to reheat anything.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have never had such a poor experience with a hotel in my life. We made a reservation at this hotel, and later were given an opportunity to stay closer to our destination for much less money, so we called up Best Western, and talked to Mr. Patel, the manager. He agreed to let us cancel our reservation, and was very nice about the whole issue -- until the day after our reservation, a charge appeared on our credit card. Despite cancelling our room, we were charged anyway. When I called the hotel to set things straight, I was called a liar, and the manager proceeded to scream at me over the phone. He even had the gall to make fun of the way I talk -- which is strange, since I sound like a midwesterner, and his hotel is in the midwest. After a long discussion with this insulting man, he told me the only way I could get a refund and correct his mistake would be to call the corporate offices -- which, as it turns out, was just the lie he told me to get me off the phone, as the corporate offices informed me that only the manager at a given hotel can issue refunds. It's really sad that Best Western allows such terrible managers to continue, and sully the Best Western image. I won't be staying with any Best Western again -- they obviously don't care about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were camping in nearby Wyalusing Park & got rained out one night. Our tent was totally wet inside & out so we needed some last minute lodging on a Tuesday night. The Best Western was a bit outdated & in need of a remodel & some minor repairs, but we assumed it was probably typical for the area. All of the rooms are suites. Some are "theme suites". We just needed a basic room for 2 adults & 2 kids & were a little surprised that it was $100. The room was big enough since it was a suite, but could certainly do with a make over in general. Everything was clean, but just kind of outdated. The pool was small but with no one else around we had it all to ourselves & enjoyed it. The jacuzzi was nice as well. There was a very small work-out space as well. Breakfast was included & consisted of the standard buffet stuff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Eat-A-Lot
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I tried to book 20 rooms for an upcoming bus tour in June 2012. I called the hotel directly and was told they "couldn't talk" and would call me back. In the background, I heard people at the front desk angrily disputing something on their bill. I waited two days and then called the national reservation number; they took all of my information and told me the hotel would get back to me directly within two business days. It's now been a week. Subsequently, I've booked my 20 rooms with another hotel in town. Makes me wonder what kind of organizational system they've got there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Iowachick19
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Hotel policy is that guests must turn in their used towels to the front desk in order to get clean ones . . . if one needs more than the allotted 1 bath, hand and face towel per person. The towels and bed linens are old and very thin. Front desk person made me justify the need for more towels and was very rude. She stated they are stolen all the time and that they did not have enough for the other guests that night as it was a full house. She did not wear a name tag, and would not reveal her name. She allowed me to leave the used towels in the hallway instead of bringing them all the way down to the main lobby. In either case, not good customer service and certainly not a good hygiene policy. Also, the "bluffview" is of a tractor supply, Super 8, and a fireworks store on a main road.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. The Country Inn and Suties is situated in a much better location. I would stay there if in the area again.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends