“Great place to stay”

Bluffview Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I checked in on Saturday October 26th was supposed to be in a queen room for 2 nights. The queen room was very nice, clean and very quiet. My plans changed and I moved to a theme jacuzzi room. Very nice, this the 4th different theme room I have stayed in. They are always very clean and plenty of hot water for the tub. Breakfast on Sunday great as always.

The staff have always been so kind and considerate.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PDC50088, General Manager at Bluffview Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you for Staying with US. See you Next Time call us if we can do any better.
Hitesh Patel

There are newer reviews for Bluffview Inn & Suites

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This Best Western was a little dated in decor, but the room was clean, spacious with 2 very comfortable Queen beds, a sofa sleeper, table(desk) with chair and 2 comfortable living room chairs. There was a nice coffee table, mini fridge, micro wave and coffee maker- much more then we expected. Kind of off the beaten path but not hard to get to- nice dining options near by- may I recommend The Angus Supper Club just a short half mile or so down the road!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank momdeb4

Sorry
Thank you for Staying with US. See you Next Time call us if we can do any better!
Hitesh Patel

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hot tub suite we booked was VERY unclean, had pubic hair in and around the hottub - needless to say we didn't use it. the air conditioning unit was broken and handing off the wall. The shower head, the pipe slid in and out of the wall when trying to adjust the head. Took 20 minutes to try to check in and upon checkout - the owner - Habib - told me i parked in wrong spot and if we stay again, need to park in correct spots. I let him know we will NEVER come back and i will tell anyone to NEVER stay there!!! "Cochroach Hotel"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malissa H
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent one night here. There are trains nearby in the middle of the night. Whistles woke me twice. Otherwise the room was clean and breakfast was good. Rate was higher than expected for the value.
Would chose other arrangements in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I am going to recommend this hotel based on its amenities and staff and only if you get the room for 99.00 or less. DO NOT get a suite. Way overpriced and so cheesy that I think I laughed for 30 min.

Check in took too long because the owner kept complaining that I was using gift cards and how much it cost him. Lobby was nice.

We had to drive around to back entrance, suites are kinda cut off from the rest of the hotel. We had the Roman suite with a Jacuzzi.

The bed was actually comfortable and only a queen. Could definitely fit a king in. Decorations were tacky wreaths that had fake flowers on them. Bed had unsightly shims under the posts. No work areas. Tacky teal and pink everywhere. carpet was dreadfully worn and the room oozed signs of aging-perhaps its golden years.

Not enough outlets. room would not stay cool. Fan ran a couple minutes then would shut off. I got up a couple times messing with it. The windows did open but there was a lot of traffic noise. Curtains let in a lot of light.

Had a flat screen with good channels. I liked that the channel icon popped up when you changed channels.

The bathroom...omg. Where do I start? It had a mirror that extended out -if that gives any clue to when this room was last updated. No counter space. Toilet was so small that I was even uncomfortable. The toilet paper sat to your side and back , hard to get to.

Jacuzzi was yellow with age, but did fill up fast and we had plenty of hot water.

Pool area was great. Clean and lots of lounge chairs. Set away from rooms. Hot tub off to side looked inviting. Excercise room and restrooms nearby. On thing I did like was that you don't have to use your room key once you are in the building.

Breakfast area was way too small. Food was ok sausage, eggs hash browns. Coffee was good but no creamer variety at all. Just powdered packets.

Room Tip: Anything but a themed suite. When you go in there is a hallway to the left of the check-in desk with...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been to Prairie Du Chien to help with a volunteer program for six years running now. In the past I have stayed at other motels in Prairie Du Chien. Some have gotten too expensive for what you receive. Most have been just medicocre. The Bluff View Best Western provides a good value at a medium price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Travelling with no particular plans, I called the hotel directly to inquire if they had availability for that evening. This was a holiday weekend and many places were full. I was asked for how many people (2 adults, 1 bed) and was told yes. I said that I would be there in 15 minutes. When I arrived, a nice but seemingly overwhelmed lady helped check me in. She was having problems with the printer and was not able to print out my paperwork, She asked me to write down my name and address and that she would have it ready for me in the morning. I did so. I also asked her to clarify my rate at which time she said it was for $89.99 and showed me the credit card slip stating $99.44 with taxes added. All good.
Fast forward to the next morning. I checked my bank account on my iPhone (a ritual) and noticed that not only had they pre-authorized the $99.44 but an additional authorization for $53.70! When I went to check out at 7am I spoke with the nice girl behind the counter and told her there had been an error and that they charged my card twice. She went and spoke to the manager, Mr. Patel and he told her that they had made the error with the first charge and that the rate I was given was not correct so they were charging me more. When I was explaining to her that I did not agree to an additional $50+ and they needed to take off the charge, Mr. Patel came around and started explaining to me that they really didn't have a room for me, the clerk made an error by giving me one (not my problem), that the rate she gave me was for the next day, (not my problem) and that this really screwed things up for him (again, not my problem). And, that it was my responsibility to have come back later to get the paperwork that the clerk couldn't get for me when I checked in. After all, I had been there for over 10 hours! (Sleeping, yes!) He was extremely rude (I was not), threatened me with having me banned from ever staying at another Best Western hotel and called me a liar in so many words. All because I was not going to allow him to just decide to charge me without notification of any sort more since his clerk supposedly made an error. I guess knocking on my door (4 away from the front desk) was too much for him to handle.
All I was looking for was to pay what I was quoted. Not to have the manager snap at me, call me a liar, tell me I will be banned from all Best Westerns and try to steal my money. I get that errors happen. It is all in how they are handled. The manager Mr. Patel does not care about current or possible future customers. But I believe he is the owner as well, so he can do what he wants. Best Western should be aware though that he is not helping their corporate name.
Other than that, the room was clean and fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien
Bridgeport Inn
Bridgeport Inn
#9 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to Bluffview Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!