“TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE.......”

River Heights Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prescott
River Heights Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prescott
Paris, Wisconsin
“TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE.......”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is, by far, the worst hotel that I i have ever stayed at. I am not even sure that it was legal to rent rooms in such poor condition. I reserved the room in advance and was told that they were booked up so I should make the reservation at that time as they were the only hotel in town. Not knowing the area I didn't realize that Hastings MN was just across the bridge and there were more hotels 5 minutes away. The room had two double beds, the mattresses were very old and wore out. One of the beds mattress was so bad that when I sat on the edge in the middle both ends of the mattress came up off the bed. There were no blankets on the bed, just a sheet and the bedspread. I slept with all my clothes on including my socks, because I didn't want to get a rash. I didn't see any bedbugs, but wasn't going to take the chance! The air conditioner did not work very well, it did turn on, but did not cool very well. The room was dirty. There were marks all over the walls, and there was dirt in all the corners and edges. There were nails sticking out of the wall on the corner (inside corner) that you could easily snag your leg on when walking over to the bed. The paint on the ceiling was peeling and falling off. There were actually big hunks of paint handing from the ceiling ready to fall. The wifi did not work. The TV was and old tube 19", there wad cable, but there were no batteries in the remotes. I could keep going but you get the idea. If I had know I could post pictures on this site I would have took some. I recommend going across the bridge and staying in MN. Don't believe them when they tell you that they are the only hotel in town!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
De Soto, Missouri
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Avoid at all costs, I drove an extra 40 miles to stay here only to be dumped in a smaller room at a higher rate! Tiny moldy smelling room with a 19" TV. Choose literally anywhere else to stay. a pop up tent would have been a better experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Prescott hotels

Shullsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 February 2013

True that this place is in serious need of some TLC but after partying at the bar next door it really is a good option. We had asked for extra towels since we were sharing the room with friends and when we returned they were there for us. Just go look at the room first as we did and go from there. Sheets and towels were clean and our TV was a newer flatscreen with cable. We would not choose to go stay here for a weekend but again, it beats getting a DUI and in Prescott this is the best choice at this time for a last minute stay.

Room Tip: Look at the room available first since they are all a bit different
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Mankato, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Not worth it's 'cheap' price. Dirty rooms. Scuzzy water. Motel is falling apart. I was affraid to take my socks off!!! The hotel is certainly falling apart and in need of repair. The other reviews on here are pretty correct.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Omaha NE
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My family and I were looking for a "affordable" place to gather in this part of the country. This motel was chosen for it's location, in addition to the low cost. After reading the reviews, my expectations were not high. Our group occupied 4 rooms in the motel. Overall, you can tell that they are not interested in keeping this property. While I did not find it as dirty as some of the other reviewers mentioned, it is certainly in disrepair. Landscaping is overgrown, carpets have holes, paint is chipping. On the other hand, we did have a positive experience. The rooms are large, I found the desk staff to be friendly and helpful, and the rooms were quiet. As it was getting dark, a large group of motorcyclist pulled in, and I thought we were in for a long night. Judging from the piles of beer cans in the morning, they had quite a party, but none of my family were disturbed by noise. I can see why the other reviewer was disappointed in the motel. From the looks of it, I think it was at one time a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Don't bother with this motel. No pool, rooms are disgusting, their night clerk was absolutely rude!!! We rented three rooms and all the chairs in every room were stained, all the rooms were dirty. I found a used washcloth hanging on our shower rod.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've stayed at the River Heights Motel a couple times because it's close to where one of my parents live. It is currently for sale and it shows; the current owner's are understandably not spending any money on it. The entire property needs serious renovation from water damage in bathrooms, and fixtures, to the furnishings, to all the finishes; it's all dead tired. For the price - over $65.00 for a single per night, the standard of the rooms and what you get, I felt gouged. Some rooms have internet, some don't. Some rooms have a coffee maker, some don't and of the rooms I've stayed in, none of them has a light that can be easily reached from bed to read with. I moved a standing lamp to the side of the bed (only some of the outlets have power) so I could read in bed.
The good news is that the motel is on a beautiful site above the river, they've recently changed to a non-smoking policy (although unsuccessfully in rooms that were once smoking rooms - they still reek), the nearby restaurant/bar across the parking lot serves solid standards, and who ever buys this place might possibly give it the love it needs and restore an "old school" motel to a nice place.

Room Tip: If you want internet service, be sure to ask for a room that gets it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Timmerbikes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prescott
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove
#1 of 9 in Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#5 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to River Heights Motel? Share your experiences!