“Nice Fairfield Inn if your room is on the Quiet Side of Hotel”

Fairfield Inn Racine
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice Fairfield Inn if your room is on the Quiet Side of Hotel”
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We heeded the reviews on Tripadvisor and asked for a room on the quiet side of the property and enjoyed a great night's sleep. The staff at this property was surprisingly super-friendly and attentive. Breakfast was standard Fairfield fare, which was fine. It's unfortunate that Marriott has chosen to place paper-thin bath towels in the Fairfield chain. It wouldn't cost that much more to use decent towels. Our room was great, and the internet service was fine.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidLou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2009

The room was okay, a little worn but certainly acceptable. What wasn't okay was the noise. There is a bowling alley next door that had loud music blaring until 2 a.m. It was so loud, the air conditioner and a white noise machine couldn't cover it up. The front desk person mentioned that they have tried to address the problem but that there was nothing they could do. The power went off several times during our stay as well. I would rate the hotel as average but would never stay there again because of the noise.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank marcusgunn
Racine, Wi
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I used to perform at Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha.

I am a long time Marriott Rewards member and exclusive to Marriott brand for several years.

During the Bristol Season, I stayed in Racine every weekend. I alternate between Fairfield and Marriott depending on availability and which hotel is having a special that weekend.

I love the quite homely look of Fairfield and actually like their pool better. The hot tub jets are much stronger.

I have had the same experience as others have mentioned. The night club next door is annoying. You have to make sure you’re put on the end of the hotel that is not facing the club.

One thing I will note. When they say check out is at noon, they, mean it. There were a few times I had already loaded my bag into my car, was just waiting for the coffee maker to finish so I could fill my travel cup and use the bathroom before I hit the road. 12:00, on the dot the phone in my room rings and they’re wanting to know if I’m leaving now or if they need to charge me for staying over. I’m like I’m walking out the door now?. I’m mean seriously, do they need to rush people out that quick?

Other than that they are very friendly and accommodating. If they are able to move you to a room on the non night club side they will. If not, they will give you a discount.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank VonClimax
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend away. A friend of ours got us the room using his Marriott points.
Driving in we were a little scared to leave our vehicle in the parking lot. On all the light poles were signs indicating the hotel wasn't responsible for stolen items. This made us feel like perhaps we weren't in the best of neighborhoods. When we arrived at the front door, we found it locked and there was no desk clerk to buzz us in. After several minutes she opened the door. The door being locked wouldn't have been so bad if it was very late in the evening, but it was only 8:15. Again, we were very uncertain about what we were getting ourselves into.
After reading a few of the previous posts, I knew enough to ask for a room on the east side of the building. The clerk was kind enough to honor this request. However she put us in the Northeast corner room. This room is literally feet away from a major road. We heard loud motorcyles and traffic each time the a/c stopped running. Had the room not been here, it would have been very quite.
We got the executive king room which was very spacious and more then adequate for our needs. It had a fridge and microwave (something that it didn't indicate on the Marriott web site), a table for two and a sofa sleeper.
The wireless in the room was very easy to use and a nice feature. The hotel web site did indicate that they had pay-per-view movies, but they no longer offer them. This wasn't a deal breaker for us as we had our laptop and the cable had a nice variety of things to choose from.
We had plenty of pillows without even asking and the bed was very comfortable.
The bathroom was a little small, but did have the bowed shower rod which I love. The bathroom was clean and nice.
I can't speak about the breakfast as we opted to eat out both mornings as we wanted something other then donuts and juice for breakfast.
There really aren't any sit down common restaurants (Applebees, Denny's etc.) in the near by vacinity. There is a McDonalds and Dairy Queen a few blocks down.
The staff was very nice and attentive to our needs. Our rooms were cleaned and had been vaccumed each morning.
All in all it was an OK stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Armywife97
Portland,OR
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I stayed here for two nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Management and staff were friendly and accommodating. It is priced well.

• Liked — Clean and accomodating
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rescue, CA
Reviewed 13 August 2007

The hotel was a typical Fairfield Inn, not fancy and priced accordingly. Our hotel room was clean, quite and larger than average. The continental breakfast was on par with similar type hotels, it's more of a snack but if you are hungry there are many restaurants in the immediate area. My only concern was that the window on our first floor room was closed but not locked! Just push the window and it opened up. My son was also on the first floor and his window was also not locked. Just check your window and make sure it is locked if you stay here. Our only contact with the staff was during check-in and at that time they were friendly. If in the area I would stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the entry into the hotel is lacking, its like walking into Wal-Mart or K-Mart, very unimpressive
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 December 2006

We checked into the Fairfield Inn Racine a night earlier than we had originally booked for due to a snowstorm that was going to be hitting the Racine area. Upon checking into this hotel, I had mentioned to the clerk that I read reviews about this hotel and found out that noise from the bowling alley/club next door could be heard on one side of the hotel. The clerk confirmed this and immediately gave us a room on the opposite side of the hotel so we wouldn't be bothered by the noise in the middle of the night. Our room was clean and spacious with new bedding and we were happily surprised by the fact that each of the queen beds had 5 very comfortable pillows. The heat in the room worked great, providing a perfect cozy climate.

In the morning, we woke up to nearly 12 inches of snow. When we were downstairs eating the wonderful continental breakfast (which I could easily write another outstanding review for) we heard that several of the hotel staff had phoned in saying that they weren't able to make it to work due to the bad weather. However, even being short handed, the hotel kept running smoothly. Some of the staff members were out shoveling around cars so that people were able to get their vehicles out. The weather was very cold and blizzard like and yet the hotel staff was helping to ensure that whomever needed to, could be on their way. Later on in the afternoon a plow had come through the parking lot of the hotel and pushed two feet of snow behind our car so that we couldn't get out. My husband was going to shovel behind our car so that we could leave to go to the mall. However, the clerk at the reception desk knew of our plans to leave to go shopping and had shoveled the snow away from our car.

We were at this hotel for three nights and by the time that we checked out, we were on first name basis with Aaron, the Assistant General Manager. She was very gracious and accommodating, making sure that our stay was pleasant. On the second day of our stay, a middle school basket ball team had checked in and were very rowdy. Some of them were staying in the room directly above ours and it sounded like they were either playing basketball or jumping off of the bed even at midnight. We also had a group of partying adults in the room next to ours who were very loud and boisterous. We had called the night clerk to complain about the noise above us and next to us and he must have spoken to the other guests because it did quiet down for a bit. We were telling Aaron about the noise the next day, just in conversation, and she immediately upgraded us to an Executive King room as well as give us a discount for our inconvenience. We didn't ask to be moved, we were just speaking with her and mentioned our late night due to the noise and she apologized immensely and gave us an incredibly nice room for our last night's stay. We slept like babies that night.

We cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. The entire place was clean, our rooms were comfortable; the whirlpool and swimming pool were great. The continental breakfast had juice, coffee, milk, tea, cereal, fruit, muffins, danish, oatmeal, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, toast and belgium waffles...I know that I'm probably forgetting something. What impressed us the most, though, was the service, friendliness, and general accommodating attitude of everyone at the hotel...the clerks, general manager, and even the housekeeping staff. Of course people would say that these people get paid to do their jobs, but each of them made us feel like we were their only guests. We travel to Racine several times a year. My only regret is that we hadn't found this hotel sooner because we will definitely be returning each time we travel to Racine. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The staff...an incredible bunch of people!
  • Disliked — The thing I liked least is that we had to check out and go home.
  • Tips/Secrets — Just enjoy!
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kevshe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
Comfort Inn Racine
Comfort Inn Racine
#2 of 8 in Racine
Racine Architect Hotel & Conference Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk
Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)
Americas Best Value Inn / Racine
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
#2 of 4 in Sturtevant

Been to Fairfield Inn Racine? Share your experiences!